Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to say that that 1TB drive I bought a while back is still only half full . I reckon it'll take a while for me to fill it up completely.

My PowerBook on the other hand only has a 4GB drive which is a bit on the small side, and all the spare laptop drives I had were equally small. Fortunately someone on IRC offered me a spare 40GB drive to use in it .

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bouncing off the storage capacity limit is never fun, and yet both myself and Lady T seem to always be doing it on our phones and our computers. Google photos has helped me out a lot in this regard, the integration with Android works rather well. Less so on Lady T's iphone, but whatever

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Smartphones are the current worst device for storage issues. I'm forever having to manage the storage space on my phone and tablets.

It's amazing that Android devices can eat over 1GB of storage space in a couple of days just for cached files in apps. i have to manually use an app manager to see which apps have large caches and clear them. Google's own app store service likes to create a large one every time it updates apps, which goes against the need for more space to download and update apps. However the worst offenders are easily Facebook and Chrome, which combined can easily take up 1GB in cache space. Why can't Android force apps to flush their cache files on exit? And it isn't like they need to keep the cached files because things like logins are stored in a different data storage.

Another very annoying Android issue is using SD cards to expand space. You can move many apps to the SD card to free internal space, but when Android updates each app it reinstalls it on the internal storage, meaning you have to move it again! Very very annoying!!!

I do however only have a 16GB Samsung S5 with a 32GB SD card. When I'm due an upgrade this year I will ensure the new one has at least 32GB.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!