Thread: Bluehost help

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bluehost help

I hope this isn't too off-topic for the off-topic, but I'm at my wit's end over here and could use an assist.

I've set up a couple of Wordpress blogs over on Bluehost, and suddenly, a couple weeks ago, everytime anyone goes to one of them, they get a login box with the message "The server 69.89.31.177 at cPanel requires a username and password bluehost."

So, I started looking for answers, because I had (and have) no idea what's going on. Evetually, this led me to one of Harrison's posts on the Bluehost forum, giving me the idea to come here and solicit his or anyone else's help to figure out what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.

If anyone can tell me anything -- ANYTHING -- I'd greatly appreciate it. cPanel's new to me, as is Wordpress, relatively, so I just want to try and learn.

Thank you kindly.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi hunin,

I'm moved your post into a new thread as it wasn't really related to anything in the original one you posted in.

As for your question. Sure I will try to help if I can.

It sounds like the urls you are using for your wordpress sites are no longer pointing to your actual sites, but instead just to your main bluehost account. Have you checked this in the cpanel Domain Manager? To see if your urls are pointing to the directories on your server where your copies of Wordpress are installed?

What is the URL of your two sites that are now behaving like this? If you let me know them i will have a quick look and see if I can spot anything.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!