Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just bought an Indiana Jones Action Figure

Hi Guys,

I know its very small and not that significant in these times but I just bought myself an Indiana Jones action figure and I am quite happy with it,

I have always been somewhat of an Indiana Jones fan even if I have not read all the books, comics, games (I still have not played Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) or collected the figures and other stuff based on it.
    But now I am happy to say that I own something else from the franchise other than the DVD (and VHS) box and several of the games such as Fate of Atlantis, Infernal Machine and Emperor Tomb.

Who knows, perhaps this is the start of my Indiana Jones collection
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it a new figure or one from an old range? I also really like the Indy films, but I'm not sure about the new one. Surely he is now too old! Oh well, we will see, and I will still go to the cinema to see it.

Talking of action figures, for years now I've been looking for the original Lara Croft figure that was released soon after the original game. It was before the character became really popular and her look started to be distorted by sequels and actresses. The figure stands about 8 inches high and is a classic pose in her original outfit (shorts, twin guns holstered etc). I saw the figure for sale a few years ago in a local branch of Forbidden Planet for £70 and nearly purchased it, but at the time thought it was too expensive. Now I know how collectable that figure is and really wish I had purchased it.

The only other figure I'm currently still on the hunt for is a mint in box Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Hoth Wampa Monster. The ones I see come up for sale are always yellow and the boxes are either tatty or missing.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Its a new figure, its one of a limited number that was manufacture for the Disney Indiana Jones ride to advertise for the upcoming Indiana Jones 4.

Here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=002

I think we all at some point had wished that we had purchased a certain item that was more affordable then but is now a sought after collector's item, for me that would have been Transformers and GIJOE (small figures), come to think of it, I should have a box full of the last somewhere.

As for Mr Harrison's age, yeah he is definitely getting to old I think, we'll see how the new movie will be.
    I will not try to make any expectations before I have seen the movie myself, I have done so in the past and they often proved to be true. (That I can predict but no winning lottery numbers?)
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Small GIJoe figures. In UK were they rebranded as Action Force? I had quite a few of those along with the vehicles and I'm sure I remember seeing some of the US GIJoe figures and they were identical.

There were also a series of small plastic action figures I collected when I was young. I have no idea what they were called. They were made out of cheaper plastic than most of the other makes, but were cheaper. There was a huge range of figures with each based on a profession such as a doctor, soldier, road worker, fireman, and they came with a load of equipment such as bags, tools etc you could use with them. I must have bought well over 100 different ones at the time and they must still be in my parent's loft. Anyone got any idea what they were called? I'm sure they were a French make.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, we have become old, haven't we Harrison?

I was around the time all those toys was released here in Europe, and I was rather pissed that the more exclusive stuff was never released here (darn Americans)

To me it seems Europe always pulled the short straw, we were always treated like the bastard child and in a way we still are.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have definitely always had everything second best to the US that is for sure. But maybe that will be changing soon as it seems the US is slowly becoming less of a Super Power as other regions of the world grow in might and industry and the US continues to run dry of oil and other natural resources.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because GI Joe was originally the american version of Action Man when they released a smaller version in the US to compete with the popularity of Star Wars figures they renamed it Action Force in the UK so that it was linked with Action Man. Lets face it the Red figures of the bad guys were just a rip off of Stormtroopers (Both "zee Germans" and the Star Wars ones).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true. A lot of baddies are based to some extent on the WWII German army. Such a great source to utilise. In a way, what would we have done without WWII! Maybe we wouldn't be playing violent video games? Bad as the war was, without it we wouldn't have so many excellent games to play. Imagine life without Return to Castle Wolfenstein! I just can't! It's one of my all time favourite games!

Anyway... back to Action Force... did anyone read the comic that was based on it? That definitely was a great idea by the people behind the product as you saw new enemies, or new vehicles or equipment being used in the comic and then wanted the figures or vehicles. Very good marketing idea.

However I never purchased that much Action Force stuff as it just wasn't Star Wars!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have an Action Force annual. 1985 I think.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well as someone once pointed out, World War 2 was the coolest war!

Not sure if we had Action Force here but I vaguely recall something from old comic book adds like Eppo and the Donald Duck but that was years ago.

Weird how all these toys have such cherished memories while the toys of today have far more functionality.

I should pay the seller this week, hopefully I have my new action figure within two weeks, then its on to other Indiana Jones stuff, and please Lucas, don't ruin this.
    I have already heard horrible rumours of Indy 4 involving aliens!

BTW, which of you have played the various Indy Amiga games?