Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Old magazines that just take up room

Hello,

As some of you know I have only been living on my own for the last two years, not all my stuff is here yet and I unfortunate do not have place for all.

Some of the things that still are at the old place where I stayed are piles and piles of old computer and video game magazines which I used to read for a long time; this was way before big internet sites took their place.

While I read a couple of Dutch magazines my favorites were always the British ones which had far more news bits, details and of course humour (not all humour in Dutch magazines is funny), and I followed several of the old Emap (I think the publishers was called that) magazines such as: CVG, Mean Machines Sega, Nintendo Magazine System (or something like that), Megatech and occasionally some others but they were never as good as the ones I just mentioned.

But as I said, there is no longer any space for them so a lot have to go, I plan to keep a pile of the CVG magazines (to many good memories) but the rest of them will probably end up in recycling.

Well what I was curious about was if there would still be people interested in these things, I don't plan to sell them, I just want to get rid of them.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ther are still alot of people out there who collect old mags like C+VG. If you lived in britain i's have recommeded you go on ebay and sell them as a biulk lot but as you live in Belgium i don't know as the postage would be high.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have lots of Sega and Nintendo based magazines then I recommend you get in contact with Phillyman from http://www.retromags.com

His site is dedicated to scanning and archiving magazines and so far he has been concentrating mostly on Nintendo magazines, but has the goal of expanding into more systems.

Obviously, if you have any Amiga magazines please let me know as I will be interested in them if I don't already have them.

Failing that, place an advert on Amibay.net. If you don't want any money for them, and only wish anyone interested to pay the postage then we have a special area on Amibay called the Recycle Bin where you can offer items for free, but can ask for postage to be paid. You will need to ask me for access to the Recycle Bin once you are a member of Amibay if you wished to do this.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which reminds me, I still have my collection of Zeros and others for any interested party....
    This is not a signature

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hello,

As some of you know I have only been living on my own for the last two years,

... Dutch magazines ...

Well what I was curious about was if there would still be people interested in these things, I don't plan to sell them, I just want to get rid of them.
    No thanks, what with the pages probably all stuck together. Think I'll pass

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I took quite good care of most of them, still the wear and tear of the years have settled in but they are long not as ruined as you might think they are.
    Unfortunate some got ruined by water from the heater's tank.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The forum observes JT's joke flying quite some way over Ghost's head!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No I get what he means, but I am just being clear about the conditions of the magazines

BTW, all Amiga magazines I possessed was one Amiga Power and one The One (I think it was called that)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    ...And leaving a nasty stain on the wall, just above the bathroom mirror!
    This is not a signature

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    ...And leaving a nasty stain on the wall, just above the bathroom mirror!
    Thats why you should use socks.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD