Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Broken A570 for £1

This could be an interesting project for someone good at repairing things.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-570-A570...em170202374845

From the description it sounds like it is just a case of replacing some internal cabling to get it running again.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I had one of these once swapped it for something else (can't rember what it was now) but the drive wasn't much use really (at the time), hope someone manages to rescue it from the dead.
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have this in my watches
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that auction Zetr0, I am curious, just suppose that you won it, how would you fix the broken ribbon cable?

Merlin
    Old Amigas never die, they just get modded....

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    alas i missed it in the last moments as r0jaws and I got down and geeky with some A1200 ide replacing and re-building and A2000 battery de-soldering

but yes...

the cable isn't a problem... I would of removed the cable completely, and replaced it with another, probably a hacked one from a PS2 soldering these is a little tricky, a lot of LIQUID flux and low temp melting solder is key here (under 300), and with the finest point on the iron it literally would be tap tap tap tap... tap tap....done... and obviously the other side..

thinking about it now, I would also consider pre-heating it, with it settled on an iron or other pre-heating apperatus. but again... keeping under 200 as the plastic will be destroyed.
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day