Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Twilight Princess software Hack revealed!

The first publicly released software exploit for the Wii has been revealed that allows unsigned code to be run on the Wii!

All you need is a copy of Twilight Princess and an SD card with a special hacked game save file on it! No hardware modding needed!

This is only an alpha release at the moment and released as a proof of concept to show that it does work. The group behind this exploit promise an ELF loader, which would allow the Wii to run Linux.

You can view a view of this alpha release running here.

Funny isn't it. The more complex games systems become, the easier they are becoming to hack! How long till a proper working software hack is found for the PS3?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    soon Harrison, soon......
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if they get a software hack for the PS3, we still need to wait until blu-ray burners and discs become affordable

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mind you, when they DO do a firmware hack for the PS3, that'll be the day I go out and get a 40GB model, so I don't fcuk up my 60gb one.....
    This is not a signature

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the PS3 we will probably see the same thing we saw with the PSP, Sony releasing firmware updates at an increasing rate to stop people from using the pirated ones. Allready they have it so that when a new version is released, you can no longer log on to the network with an older one. You have to update to get online with it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just buy two PS3's if that were the case. One for legal online use, and the other for offline backup gameplay. The alternative could be like the 360 mod chips that allow you to switch them off before going online to prevent you from being banned.

If it did go like the PSP with custom firmwares then it wouldn't be much of an issue. Look how quickly the custom firmwares come out after the official release of a new one. The last one appeared the same day!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I would just buy two PS3's if that were the case. One for legal online use, and the other for offline backup gameplay. The alternative could be like the 360 mod chips that allow you to switch them off before going online to prevent you from being banned.
    Actually a lot of people are buying two 360s, one for online gaming and one for playing copies. But a lot of people get banned, I don't know if switching the modchip off really prevents from being banned.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I've actually been reading lately that M$ can detect the slight fluctuations in the power that the mod chips make compared to the standard console output and so use this to detect the presence of a mod chip and so ban the console. The community are all recommending using DVD drive firmware hacks instead now as they cannot be detected in the same way.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another problem is with the iso files from the net, if the checksum does not correspond 1:1 to the original, M$ can detect it and ban you. And you know that there are some faulty iso files out there.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But only ever a problem if you are going to be playing the game online. For RPGs and many others I only ever play offline anyway. The same is true of PC games, where you can't play online without a valid serial number. If I like a game enough to want to play it online I will buy the original anyway.