Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been playing Second Samurai, Desert Strike, and The Settlers again.

As I really have been enjoying Second Samurai I should look into getting the AGA version of the game for my collection.
    I wonder if I also should get the Sega Megadrive version which differs in graphics and gameplay here and there.

This probably will sound like blasphemy to some but I have also been playing Chuck Rock 1 and 2, but I find the version on the Sega emulator far smoother and better playing, especially 1.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wasn't Chuck Rock originally developed for the Megadrive and then ported over to the Amiga? Side-scrolling platformers were often a bit better on the Sega hardware because that was one of the things it was designed to do well, and it could handle scrolling really nicely.

I must admit I've never really played many games on a real Megadrive. Played a fair few I always wanted to try via emulation though. Especially love some of the Sega RPGs.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I really think the Amiga version of Chuck Rock was first as it also come with an intro that was missing in the Megadrive version.
    But I am going to look into this as it got my curiosity.

It indeed scrolls better, is more colorful, no slow gameplay, but I do think some things were not completely transferred.

Hmm Sega Megadrive RPGs, don't recall many of them.
    There is of course the well known Phantasy Star series, Shining series, the more Zelda esque Soleil.
    Personally I think the SNES did better when it came to console RPGs.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely, the SNES ended up being the best 16-bit system for RPGs by a long way. Sadly most of them were never released in Europe, but I've since played a fair few of them via emulation. And many of the Japanese RPGs we now know and love originated on the SNES. For me the SNES remains my favourite 16-bit console.

As for RPGs on the Megadrive, Shining Force series were definitely some of the best, followed by Phantasy Star series. Lunar games were also nice, as they were Mega CD releases, although the Saturn and Playstation updated remakes of both games were better and more worth collecting (I've got both for the PSX).

What else... Landstalkers, Shadowrun, Sword of Vermillion, Exile, D&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Might and Magic, Fatal Labyrinth, Sorcerer's Kingdom, Rings of Power, Light Crusade, Super Hydlide, Dungeon Explorer, Begger Prince, Ys III... list goes on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mercenary,Carrier Command,Nebulus and Backlash.
    Only ever played Damocles back in the day so i have been looking forward to Mercenary.
    [URL=http://www.jammajup.co.uk/retropolls.html][b]Retro video game polls[/b][/URL]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to love Nebulus. Will have to load that up soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stunt car racer,i have not played this for a while and it shows as i am simply putting the pedal to the metal and flying of the tracks

[URL=http://www.jammajup.co.uk/retropolls.html][b]Retro video game polls[/b][/URL]

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Started working my way through Black Crypt again recently - got bored of Skyrim. Never actually finished Black Crypt, got stuck somewhere and I'm interested if it will happen to me again. It's fun working your way through an RPG you haven't played in decades - I'm surprised how much I remember!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You got bored of Skyrim too? I started playing it, but after a few hours got bored and haven't played it again yet. Graphics look amazing, but it was a little to much the same as Oblivion for me to really get into it. I probably will play right through it later on though.

Talking of retro RPGs, I keep meaning to give Dungeon Master a play through again. Loved that game on the ST. Although for me Eye of the Beholder was the one that I really enjoyed the most. The second one especially. Must give them all a go soon.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still like to see how far I can get in Superfrog.

There was a modern game which someone pointed me to which I think was for AGA Amigas, but I didn't transfer it to my amiga due to lack of suitable hardware for transferring data, and I forgot the name of the game . Should be on my other PC though so I will find it when I get the PC up and running again.