Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think for me atleast the moment they took footy games to vectors and away from sprites, thats when i lost interest...

dont get me wrong i have played some nicely done 3d renditions of footy... but.... well lets be serious... why on earth would i want to aproximate footy with joypad, when i can do down the local sports club and jump in on a couple of 5 a side (which normally turns into 7 or 8 aside lol) its more fun, admitedly its a lot more effort but the reward is better..

I have the same problem with rugby computer/video games, infact i hate them, i hate watching it, and thats either league or union, However throw me in a team and i just LOVE to play the game.... yes sir indeedy!! absolutely!!!

I am thinking after loosing a few more pounds (like a shit load) i may try out for Norwich UEA rugby team..... ahhh i can dream....

but since imma ranting (my sincerest appologies) and for taking this off topic by mentioning another platform (SNES) other than amiga (again my deepest appologies) do you guys think in general theres a bit to much crap footy games out there, with what ever flava-footballer of the year endorsing it?

I am still to see the vaild differnece between PES2005/2006/2007.... there really isn't anything... infact for the most part since going 3D footy games are now in a rut and have been for the better part of 3 to 4 years... dont get me wrong the AI improvments have been gradual, as have the models... but in game play.... virtualy nothing has improved!

anyway thats my rant! sorry about that.
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SWOS is pretty old now but still far and away the best footy game I've played.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last football game I played was Matchday 2....

A long long time ago, when I was but a wee lad!
    This is not a signature

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goal for me.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SWOS, obviously.

The Kickoff series always felt too 'floaty' to me.

There was this 3D footy game that was pretty good, too, but I can't quite remember its name. Microprose Soccer, maybe.

As for footy management games, Player Manager.

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3D game? There aren't too many 3D footy games on the Amiga... I Play 3D Soccer (what a silly name) perhaps? Can't have been Microprose Soccer as it's an overhead-viewed game.
    I've lost my smile again...

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    And also Microprose Soccer was designed by Sensible Software so is the precurser to Sensi Soccer and SWOS. Fifa was isometric but really blew chunks.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

3D game? There aren't too many 3D footy games on the Amiga... I Play 3D Soccer (what a silly name) perhaps? Can't have been Microprose Soccer as it's an overhead-viewed game.
    It was by simulondo

not sure which country it came from tho!
    could use HOL to find out but then again maybe not

goal for me all the way then sensi, sierra soccer, the last fifa i played and enjoyed was fifa 96 after that it was pure 3d shite all the way

And also Microprose Soccer was designed by Sensible Software so is the precurser to Sensi Soccer and SWOS. Fifa was isometric but really blew chunks.
    Was that before they had formed sensible software hence having to find a publisher maybe?
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sensible software designed the C64 version of Microprose Soccer and are credited with designing it the same way they are credited with Wizball unfortunatly both games were badly converted to the Amiga.

Look here for the softograpnhy of Sensi.
    Last edited by Buleste; 5th May 2008 at 10:12. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
    And I won 13 league titles with Brentford, as you do.
    Brentford? I think I was at a tournament in Brentford for easter 1982, can't remember the name, it's near London. Their home team was Hutton Medway, is that Brentford?