Thread: ALX CrossfireX

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

ALX CrossfireX

Why try that blackbird when you could go for this. 2GB of graphics memory? Thats more than i have in my whole system. Mind you it is designed for Vista so its probably a bit low spec.

This is a better link.
    Last edited by Buleste; 7th March 2008 at 11:17. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The ATi Radeon HD 3870 x2 is currently the fastest graphics card available, but ATi managed this by combining two physical 3870 cards into one unit, therefore only needing a single PCI-E slot. This is therefore not actually a single card in the true sense of the word. But it does mean with two of these installed in a crossfire setup you will have 4 graphics cards in the system! Mad!

And the 3870 x2 is actually about the same speed as a single 8800 Ultra, and pulls ahead in some benchmarks. It's also much cheaper than the Ultra. But being a two cards in once solution still means that ATi have had to get creative to try and beat nVidia's current range.

Personally I'm still going to wait as the next wave of DX10.1 cards are only just around the corner for a summer release.

Now we know why 1KW PSUs are on the market!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!