Thread: Blackbird 002

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blackbird 002

Has anyone else seen the Blackbird 002 gaming system from HP?

Take a look at the official site: http://h20435.www2.hp.com/

The price is the first thing to make me question how it can be really worth $4,999.

But the site is worth looking at as it is very nicely designed and looks and functions very slickly with flash.

And this will make you laugh. I thought it would be fun to have a play around with the system configuration to see what I could come up with. My final system comes to a grand total of... $10,024,96. They must be joking!

For this price I set up a Quad Core Core 2 Extreme 3GHz QX6850, 4GB ram, CPU and GPU liquid cooling, Vista Ultimate, Dual nVidia 8800 Ultra 768MB, Ageia Physx 100 Accelerator, Creative Audio X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro, 1.1KW PSU, 2TB SATA, 2x Super Multi-Drives, Blu-Ray Writer, 30" LCD, Bose speaker system, Logitech mouse and Keyboard.

And that price didn't include TAX!!! Complete madness! I could build something similar for £2000 I'm sure.
    Last edited by Harrison; 5th March 2008 at 22:58.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a p*nis envy job to me. "I've got $5,000. Look how big my knob is!!!". Give me a standard case and a drill and i can make a unique cooling system.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pfft, drills are too accurate. Give me a shotgun and some shells and I'll make you a cooling system that not only lets the air flow all over the CPU but it has speed holes so it will go faster
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pfft, drills are too accurate. Give me a shotgun and some shells and I'll make you a cooling system that not only lets the air flow all over the CPU but it has speed holes so it will go faster
    Haha! Now we're talking!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't want to do that...

Its the 'thing' nowadays to go organic... So give me a cloth casing and a handful of tame moths, now that'll be cooling that doesn't need a power source...
    This is not a signature

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine would be ecologically sound powered and cooled by water with the heated up water being used for my washing up. Only thing is to create the water wheel i have to divert the local river, build a water wheel after clearing a woodland and burning all the little furry creatures out.

Manah! Manah!
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was using our old Dell laptop during that incredibly hot summer about 3/4 years ago I propped it up with CD cases to provide a bit more clearance from the wooden desk and pointed a desk fan at it (running full speed, natch). Worked like a charm. Meanwhile, my friend with a big tower just took all the panels aff and pointed desk fans inwards.

Ghetto cooling > all.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did exactly the same thing when it got really hot the other summer. Although I took this a stage further and pointed a portable air conditioning unit into the case. That worked very well.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!