Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demomakers

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a great idea PG. We could then use that presentation as an announcement production for the site competition.

Do you need a copy of the classicamiga logo for it? If so let me know what dimensions and number of colours and I will send it over for you.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harrison wrote:

That sounds like a great idea PG. We could then use that presentation as an announcement production for the site competition.

Do you need a copy of the classicamiga logo for it? If so let me know what dimensions and number of colours and I will send it over for you.
    Good to hear that you liked the idea. I'll start working on it as soon as possible. If you want, I can send you preview when everything is in place. After that, I can make adjustments if necessary.

A copy of the Classicamiga logo would be nice. If it's ok for everyone here that it uses the AGA chipset, then you can decide whether it should contain 256 colours or less. As for the size, think that it should fit on a resoluation of 320x256, and preferebly be located at the top or bottom of the screen. That means; not too big or not too small.

If you have some other bits of graphics you think might fit in, please send those as well. Thanks in advance for the help.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have a look this afternoon for you and attach anything I think will be of use to this thread for you.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mate. Looking forward to start working on this.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I try demomaker today and:

In real A1200 and also in Winuae with standart 2MB gives me the error message:

"not enough memory, disable external drives"

I try in WinUAE with configs from A500 and A1200 and none of them worked....
    The demomaker in main page is a compilation from someone, i download the original, and the same result....
    I try with different memory settings but nothing....
    did anyone try it??
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not tried it yet. Hopefully PG can let us know the setup we need.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto:

Appears after the splash screen. Same happens no matter how much Chipram I've threw at it. (Using Red Sector Demo-Maker v1.1 (1991)(Data Becker).adf btw - the rest of the versions have various other failures, including Guru's and a loader problem)
    Last edited by AlexJ; 7th March 2008 at 20:48.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi AlexJ and Tiago,

Sorry to hear that you have problems getting the RSI Demo Maker to run. I tried it now and it worked ok. Here's the setup I use for running this application:

CPU: 68000
    Match A500 speed
    More compatible (ticked)

Chipset: OCS
    ROM: Kickstart 1.3

Chip: 512KB
    Fast: 512KB

I'm using the files currently available for download at the Classicamiga.com main site.

Btw.. There are a few demomakers out there that is more up to date and that supports AGA. You can find these on Planet Emu. Search for DemoMania, DemoManiac, and Videotracker. Not only do they support AGA, but they have a nice point and click system Workbench style. Probably better to use one of these instead of RSI Demo Maker.

Btw.. I've seen that some of the demomaker files on the TOSEC (DemoManiac) have the Happy New Year 1996 Amiga virus on them. Version 1.8 (DemoMania) did not have any virus, so that is safe to use. Hopefully you have a virus killer installed on your Amigas (or emulators).

Good luck and let me know if it still doesn't work.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that, I'll give it another go.

On a side note correctly named TOSEC files containing a virus should have [v] as part of the name. f.ex. Demo Maniac v2.19 (19xx)(Schmidtchen, Nico)(Disk 1 of 2)[v H.N.Y. Installer 1].adf - therefore it should be pretty easy to spot such a file.

EDIT: Works fine now using your settings, thanks!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I've always wondered. If an adf has a virus on it and you run it using WinUAE what actual damage can the virus do? It can't effect the hardware because that is just being emulated so the worst it could do in that respect is crash the emulator. So is the worst that could happen a corrupted adf? (if you are booting directly from the adf and no other workbench disks are involved).