Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ghost,

Truly sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. Loosing a pet, like others have said here, is very, very sad. Hope you'll be ok mate.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

I remeber how i felt when my dog past away.

think about getting a new cat. It could be good for you.
    No animal will replace your cat, but it could help you a bit.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As others have said, although it is very sad, getting another pet soon after the loss is a really good thing to do as it takes your mind away from the emptiness left from their passing. And getting to know, love and enjoy a new pet really does help you get over it much more than just morning your loss.

My dad takes that idea a bit further. He has black Labradors which he uses as gun dogs. He always has two of them, and when one dies he gets another puppy to start training so he is never without one trained dog and one either being trained, or older and retired. Having two also gives them company.

@Sarek

My last Jack Russell was also really scared of fireworks and would often hide under whatever he could find and wet himself. But many dogs are like this and it is only a couple of nights of the year at most. I expect your dog was much worse than ours, but there was no way I could have put him down just because of that. Sadly mine had to eventually be put down because he had leukaemia.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dammit, I had wanted to respond to you all but I have been so distracted.
    I will try to respond to all of you as of tomorrow.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's natural to be upset when losing a pet because they do become part of the family.
    I would definitely recommend getting a new pet soon.
    Nothing replaces the lost one but it does give you something new to focus on.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

@ghost you don't need to reply to all these posts just take ur time m8 we all know the score, ppl without pets don't understand our attachment to them till they have one or two themselves!
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly. We have all just posted some comments here to try and express that we were sorry to hear of the loss of your cat, and a few words to try and help you through the feelings you are experiencing due to the loss.

The comments mentioned by many of us about moving on and getting a new pet are from our personal experiences of losing a pet. I know that when I lost my last two dogs, if I hadn't had another dog the blow would have been much worse as the space left from them being gone would have been much bigger in my life. I replacement pet will never replace the old one; it will however fill the space they have left behind and help you move on, instead of dwelling on things that cannot be changed.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slightly off topic but to replace the cat that died last year we got 2 cats. One of whom got hit by a car last year but managed to get away with just a broken wrist (which has been pinned). In september we rescued another cat which has had bowel problems since we had it has also been to the vets numerous times. Now the third cat had been fine up until December when he was struck down by a major Bladder infection and was on anti biotics for around 6 weeks. Within 1 week of coming off the anti biotics he became ill again and it was found he had cholangitis which again like the bladder infection could have killed him. He's now off the anti biotics for the cholangitis and has today been down to the vets for a blood test as appears that whilst his immune system is there (i.e he doesn't have FIV or feline lukemia) it's not working properly. The blood test has been for sent off to America as it requires a lot of speciallised testing. The end result being that todays blood test is £250.01.

In conclusion all i can say is Pet insurance is well worth every penny. The other good side is our vet is going to be so well educated after all this it's going to be great for his patients.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dammit, I should have started earlier with this but I have been postponing it long enough.
    First of all, thank you all for responding,

While I was the first couple of days at somewhat of a loss at some point I pulled myself back together, just that I had to remind myself during the first couple of morning that the cat wasn't there anymore and that any sounds I hear at the backdoor are something else.

As most people here have suggested I have been considering getting a new cat, not so much to replace Twizzel (that is not possible) but because my house suddenly felt so empty with him gone, I was so used to look after him that it feels strange not doing that anymore.

My first choice was to adopt a rescued cat from the local animal shelter, I visited them in the weekend to look around but to be honest, it was a rather disappointment; the young animals were all reserved and the older cats... well there problems with them that made it very difficult for me to adopt one.
    Some cats were very anti social and others could be violent when they had grown tired of affection, of course this could have changed once in a home but I thought it was best not to take one.

So back at home I started to ask friends and family if they knew people who have a nest of kittens are are looking for homes for them.
    I have also spoken with someone from the animal ambulance again and they told me that when they have cats again who need a home that they will contact me.

Buleste, I find it a bit difficult to respond to your first post, especially the philosophiocal part about "Moving on to bigger and better things".
    While I could understand that in the context of a job or something like that, it gets a bit 'weird' when one speaks like that over living beings.
    Sorry.

The rest of you, I will try to get to your message tomorrow (its late here)
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with finding one from the animal shelter. I always think it is nice to get a pet from there as you know you are giving a home that is needed rather than from a breeder who is only doing it for money.