Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wii Virtual Console

Is pretty good!

Only downloaded Zelda (NES) and Bomberman 93 (PCE) at the mo.

Well the wife and I cant stop killing each other on BM!

I also have Zelda TP and have only played 20mins due to having so much fun on Wii Sports and BM!!

If you have a wii get BM93.

Sim City and R-type 3 are out today!

:thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have the retro gamepad for the Wii? That is meant to be worth it for the virtual console. Are the games perfect replications of the originals?

I've still not seen or played a real Wii yet but its popularity is already so big that I will get one at some point in the new year. Will probably wait until a mod chip or soft mod is available first though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea, got the classic pad! seem to be the orignal, with some polish added!

You dont need the classic controller for all games, mainly n64/snes, but you can use gamecube pads too.
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im gonna have to get my Wii online and d/load some games for it unfortunately the only way i can do it is to get wireless or a little ninty dongle for the pc then i could play my ds games online as well, i have got call of duty for my Wii but havent really played it because Wii sports is jus so much fun.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I downloaded Zelda, Sonic, Donkey Kong and Super Mario 64, all of those except Mario 64 can be played with the Wii-mote, for Mario you need to connect a Gamecube Controller. But it's lots of fun and they run really great.

I think it's a really good idea by Nintendo to offer these games for download, and not only limited to their older systems. Feels nice to be able to play Sonic on it too.
    Even if they don't give them for free....

The only game that stopped my retro-euphoria on the Wii at the Moment is Zelda: Twilight Princess. I can't stop playing! Well... i've been waiting to play it for long enough after all! hehe
    [url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1042/userbar301157xg6.gif[/img][/url]

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wii is great, managed to get one a week ago today!..got Zelda Twilight Princess (can't stop playing it) and Rayman Raving Rabbids my wife loves.

What about us Amiga fans on here that are Wii owners adding Mii friend codes...havent made use at all of the Mii parade as yet, anyone interested?

Btw, a Gamecube Action replay disk, Official Nintendo SD/Gamecard adaptor or SD Gecko (or even self wired gamecube memory card/sd adaptor) and SDloader will enable homebrew in gamecube mode, so you can play any of the games available in virtual console mode! I am awaiting my SD Gecko card currently, prices of these seem to be going up at the moment due to popularity.

Anyone know when the rumoured stars catalogue will enable you to trade in your earned stars for Wii points seeing that I have like 7000 points and nothing worth spending my points on? (Nintendo UK Stars Catalogue is the worst)

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Wii too, and the new Zelda game really has reeled me in. I'm enjoying it a lot.

A Wii code exchange sounds like a good idea, I'll have to find mine and post it up.

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to see the Wii doing so well, lets hope it helps keep the PS3 sales down.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You really do have a thing against Sony don't you LowercaseE.

I'm feeling left out here. Will have to get me a Wii very soon as all this talk of the system is getting me more and more interested in it. And Oz mentioning homebrew enabling even more som now.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    /\ I just don't like what they're doing with BluRay. The fact that they're still using region codes is just retarded, plain and simple. It was a stupid idea for DVD and it's even more stupid to carry that idea over to a new format. HD-DVD is region free, you can get a DVD anywhere in the world and play it on any player you want. THAT'S how the "digital revolution" should work. It should make things more compatible, not less. Also, the last I read was that Sony was exercising content control over Blu-Ray and that's censorship which I am vehemently opposed to.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------