Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Arcade section

I really like the arcade section of the site! Finally I'll have something to do at work when I'm bored (which is about 80% of the time). Guess I've got to polish up on my ultra old school gaming skills. Just curious, are you taking requests for games to be added?
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be adding all of the games currently on the main site (107) into the forum arcade too, so have a look at the main site's arcade for an idea of what is to come.

You may ask why we now have an arcade on both the main site and the forum, and it would be a good point. I created the main site's forum when the site launched and before I could add one to the forum. But the forum one is better as it has more features so I had to install it. I will probably just keep both running for the moment too.

If you also have some more game suggestions then please post them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a game suggestion, does anyone remember the game Deluxe Galaga? I'm pretty sure everyone does, well I think that is the best space invaders spin off....not sure if a decent version of that exists.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You do know about Warblade? The PC update of Deluxe Galaga, made by the same guy?

He also recently released a PC version of his Deluxe Pacman game too. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty cool.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, Warblade is a great game. I find it much more enjoyable to play than Deluxe Galaga, even if that was a good game too. Warblade has much better graphics, lots of more options, and quite a bit of secrets and bonuses. It takes a while to find all the secrets, still haven't managed that myself. Another good thing about Warblade is the built-in account system. You just set up an account for yourself inside the game, and then you can save games. Usually a game of Warblade can take hours and hours. Before the save game function was implemented, one just had to retire from the game, which seemed like a waste. Now you can easily save and just return later on to finish the game.

It is a great game worth trying out.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Warblade is a great game. I've not played it in a long time though so will have to fire it up again sometime.

As for a Galaga clone for the arcade, I have been looking, but not found a true clone of it yet. There are a few good shoot 'em ups that I already have in the main site arcade that will be coming over to the forum arcade. I also have a large collection of games for the arcade that I'm slowly going through and will be adding the best ones I find.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going to try Warblade again, I recommend you try the newest version. It has a lot of improvements over the old one. Many bugs has been removed, it has a save game option and so on. Would be nice to organize a Warblade competition once. That compo could either be for a normal game or for what is called "Time Trial". In "Time Trial" mode you have like 3 minutes to get as many points as possible. Therefore it would probably be suitable for a compo. An ordinary game of Warblade can take a bit of time to say the least.

Looking forward to see the new games in the arcade. I'm totally addicted to the TV Game Show thing right now though. That's an excellent title.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Time Trial mode definitely does sound perfect for a future competition.

And TV Game Show is a great twist on the word search game idea.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sure is. I was quite happy to get a record in it as well with over 30.000 points. Thought it would last for a while, but that Rayzorblue just kicked my hairy butt! He got over 60.000, which is totally crazy! Seems like I have some training to do now.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    he he