Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

What movies have you watched/rewatched most often?

Remember the craze around the Titanic movie? That film ended up grossing like 2 billion worldwide. That's a crapload of money, and the funny thing is: a significant part of that revenue was made from people seeing the film multiple times in the theater.

Have you ever watched a film at the cinema a second time, or even a third? And then proceeded to buy the DVD, to watch that over and over again?

The film I've probably watched most is The Lord of the Rings (all three of them). Saw that trilogy three times at the theater (once back-to-back in an all-night marathon). When the DVD came out, I got it and watched it again like 3-4 times. Then the Extended Cut DVD appeared, and I watched that another 3 times. All in all, I've seen the complete trilogy upward of 10 times.

Star Wars is another trilogy I've seen a load of times (sadly, I wasn't born yet when the original debuted on the big screen), in various forms (VHS, DVD). When the high-def remasters come out, undoubtedly I'll purchase those as well.

All this pales in comparison to my little nephew, though, who watched Speed 40-50 times. Pure madness.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I've ever watched a film more than once at the cinema, but I have bought films I've enjoyed there on DVD later. Most of my DVD's I've watched more than once, perhaps 15 times for one film is my 'most watched'.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blues Brothers, One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest, Zulu, LOTR, Airplane, Wrath of Kahn and a few others.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen:

- the original DAWN OF THE DEAD at least 20 times, LOVE IT!
    - DAY OF THE DEAD and the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, probably about 10 times each.
    -FULL METAL JACKET at least 50 times. I know every bit of dialog from the "boot camp" section.
    - SUSPIRIA about 15 times.
    - INFERNO about 10 times
    - MANIAC probably 10 times
    - The original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE about 10 times.
    - ALIEN probably 10 times
    - THE DESCENT - about 10 times

Lots and lots more too...
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord of the rings - i saw it 2 times each in cinema.
    Start Wars, episode I, II III - i saw it 2 times each in cinema
    and the 6 episodes +/- 10 times each one

Indiana Jones (all of them) perhaps 10 times too....
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seven Samurai, SW, Akira, 12 Angry Men, 2001, 2010, X-men 1,2&3, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Serenity. If i remember anymore i'll let you know.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If a film is really good I often see them 2 or more times in the cinema. Going with different people for each viewing. My mum loves Sci-Fi so I often take her to the cinema as my dad will never go. So I tend to see a lot of the good films at least twice.

The biggest for me has to be the Star Wars films by a long way. I've watched all 6 originally at the cinema. I was only 5 or 6 when the first was released so didn't remember much about watching that at the cinema other than R2D2 and light sabers, but I remember seeing ESB vividly, and saw that twice. And I saw RotJ three times.

I also watched them all again at the cinema a couple of times each in 1997 with the CGI updates. And even did the three films at once at the cinema once. My bum was very numb after that!

Over the years I must have watched the original trilogy at least 30 times each, possibly many times more. They are normally on TV every Christmas since the mid 80's so if I'm at home I have to religiously watch them every time. And when the newer 3 are on TV I tend to watch those too. All were recently shown again over Christmas on ITV so I watched them all again. And Sky ran them all for a while last year on their movie channels so I must have watched each a couple of times then too.

I also own all the different VHS releases of the original trilogy, as well as the CGI updated versions, along with the different DVD releases (I have to collect them all ), plus I've got an illegal Laser disc to DVD rip I acquired from Hong Kong, via Canada, a few years ago. Really good quality. And I've also got the last 3 films in two versions.

Once the HD versions are released I will also be getting those.

As for seeing the last three SW films at the cinema, I think it was 4 times each as I HAD to go with many different people. Might have been more for PM and RotS.

So I actually have no real idea how many times I've seen each at home, on TV or on VHS or DVD. In total it has to be at least 50 times for each of the first three films when I think about it. And only probably 4 or 5 times for the newer films. Although I just remembered I had Phantom Menace before it was released at the cinema and we watched it 3 times at work on the 60" plasma , and I took a copy home and watched it a few times... so... must have seen PM quite a few more times than that.

You could say I'm a little obsessed with Star Wars.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are many others I've seen multiple times at the cinema and then bought the VHS/DVD

The next after Star Wars has to be the Star Trek films. I've seen all of them at the cinema. The first two I saw twice. The third only once at the cinema as I found it boring at the time. The fourth I think I saw at least 3 times. And the reast twice each. I've also bought the different VHS and DVD versions over the years. On DVD I originally bought the US box set of the first 9 films, including the remastered and CGi updated version of the first film. They then started to release the UK sliver box special editions of them all so I bought them all again. I've watched all of the Star Trek films at least 20 times each. Possibly many more.

Another series is Die Hard. Seen all of those a few times at the cinema and lots of times on TV and VHS/DVD

There are too many more to give such details. They include: Alien films, Indiana Jones films, Gremlin, Ghost Busters, Fifth Element, Matrix, Blade Runner, Terminator, Terminator 2, Gladiator, Enemy at the Gate, Seven, Lethal Weapon films...

I'm sure I've missed many out but those are some that spring to mind that I've watched the most times at the cinema and then at home.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too have the SW Trilogy on VHS in Original and Special edition then the DVD trilogy i have in trilogy boxed set and the seperate DVD versions with Orig and new. I don't go to the cinema much so can't say. I know that when ST:IV came out they had a back to back ST marathon on one day. All four films back to back. That was fun.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was young I used to go the the cinema on Saturday, and when I liked the film, I went again on Sunday. This happened with, Star Wars IV & V, Rocky 3, Conan, Rambo: First Blood, Aliens, Jason and the Argonauts and that stuff. I was young guys, I know that's no excuse