Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your favourite Public Domain games?

I want to start adding some of the best Public Domain games to the site's database. Therefore can I ask for everyone to list their favourite Amiga PD games here so we can get a list of the best ones going and this can be used to add them to the site.

We will also need screenshots for each of these games. Between 10-20 screenshots per game is a great number to show visitors all aspects of a game. If you can make some screenshots of your favourite PD games that would be brilliant and speed up the whole process.

And if you have direct links to the game's ADF files that would be great too as we would like to include these for download on the site too.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had any PD games, therefore I cannot name any. But I would really like to test some, looking forward to see what you post.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always enjoyed scorched tanks.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a few (I'll try and find some links later):

Scorched Tanks
    Gravity Power
    Tetris Pro
    Megaball
    Diamond Caves
    Jet Set Willy '97
    FaYoh 2
    Drip
    Jump 'n' Roll
    Tanks 'n' Stuff
    R3
    Atom Smasher
    Super Obliteration
    Strikes 'n' Spares
    Aerial Racers
    Breed 96
    Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 24th January 2008 at 20:00.
    I've lost my smile again...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We already have Deluxe Galaga and Pacman on the site including downloads. But some links to the others you listed would be great. Some great games there that I've not played in years.

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a few links in there now... they are all .lha files though as they are from Aminet. Not all of them will fit on floppy so you couldn't host them on the site as ADFs.

Also several of these games were on magazine coverdisks as well, so might have to track them down.

Just had a thought actually... some of these lha files will fit on floppy so I guess some of us could create ADFs ourselves? But I was thinking if we go down that route then maybe it could be a good idea if the site had its own PD compilation disks like the old Assassins ones? But without all the dodgy SEUCK games

I'd happily put a few together, maybe with some of the ones I listed and maybe if anyone has any requests then they could be included too (although this obviously only applies to those games that comfortably fit on a floppy disk)

They could have a proper menu system and things too, so it would be easy just to boot it in WinUAE and away you go. It could also be good for beginners who don't want to fiddle about with HDFs and lha and the like, or those people like Demon Cleaner who have never played PD games before and need a good introduction to them

Also you wouldn't need to host as many files as a few of these could fit on an ADF. What do y'all think of this idea, could it work?
    I've lost my smile again...

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really liked Frantic Freddy and Klondike Deluxe, the first being a platformer (sort of) and the second a card game with customisable card decks. There were some rather spiffy digitised decks available.

Another favourite was Gravity Power / Gravity Force, but I think I've mentioned that enough elsewhere.

i've just setup my real amiga again gonna dig thru a few disks from dazzaboy (osuk) i'll add some from them here but a few i remeber off the top of my head (maybe not all PD will have to check!)

Amoeba Invaders
    Tanx
    Bi Planes
    Kastle Kumquat
    Wet Beaver (great bat n ball game)
    Dirty Cash (already posted for download)
    Operation Lemmings (as above)
    Take Em Out
    Starwoids (Brilliant thrust type game inspired by star wars)
    Star Trek PD game (Tobias Richter as disgussed elsewhere)

Will add others when i remeber them
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
    Just had a thought actually... some of these lha files will fit on floppy so I guess some of us could create ADFs ourselves? But I was thinking if we go down that route then maybe it could be a good idea if the site had its own PD compilation disks like the old Assassins ones? But without all the dodgy SEUCK games

I'd happily put a few together, maybe with some of the ones I listed and maybe if anyone has any requests then they could be included too (although this obviously only applies to those games that comfortably fit on a floppy disk)

They could have a proper menu system and things too, so it would be easy just to boot it in WinUAE and away you go. It could also be good for beginners who don't want to fiddle about with HDFs and lha and the like, or those people like Demon Cleaner who have never played PD games before and need a good introduction to them

Also you wouldn't need to host as many files as a few of these could fit on an ADF. What do y'all think of this idea, could it work?
    I think self-booting ADF's are definitely a good thing to have where possible. Whether to have 1 game per ADF which just boots straight into it or multiple games with a menu system I'm not sure.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Graham Humphrey

That sounds like a great idea. If you can create some self booting ADFs for some of these games that would be great.

When the game's are bigger than an ADF I've so far created self booting HDFs. Deluxe Galaga, already on the site, is in HDF format.