Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amiga Future

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Received the latest issue of Amiga Future today. It featured an interview with Hyperion and an update on the progress with the X1000. An interesting read. Get the mag while you can!
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Waiting for the current issue to arrive (as always).
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Received today. Time for reading.

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got mine last Friday.

Nice reviews Phantom!
    I've lost my smile again...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Graham.

You were absent from this current issue , I hope that you will come back with a nice review in the next one.

I'm currently write reviews for SRB2 Riders and FreeDink.

What about you?

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I did write a couple of small reviews for a couple of programs (can't remember what they are off-hand) but I was ill when I was originally due to write them and by the time I submitted them I missed the deadline for this issue. They'll be in the next issue though, and would like to review something else but new games and programs for OS3/AGA seem to be thin on the ground right now...
    I've lost my smile again...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It's really good to subscribe to the only english printed Amiga magazine nowadays, it will help everybody to move forward and see a better and more colorful(?) magazine in the future (that's hard to achieve, but you never know).
    Actually I don't tend to quote myself, but it happened! Amiga Future will be published in full color from the new year, that means #94 - January/February 2012 issue.

I believe that many new subscribers will take place with this one.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, i remember they talked about it some time ago (last release?). It will be cool.
    I had the oportunity to interview for my magazine the editor Andreas Magerl and he look like a fine person.
    I wish them the best luck with the "new" magazine.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A full colour version would be great. Would definitely attract more people I hope.

I know for a time he was struggling to keep the magazine going and was considering getting rid of the English version, and just continuing with the German only version. I'm glad he didn't do this and hope a full colour English edition does get made.

I do think he needs to explore a digital release alongside the printed one. I know he already produced PDF copies later for previous issues, but digital magazine publishing is really starting to take off for tablets and it is going to end up being the main distribution for magazines in the future. I'm all for digital editions too because it removed the physically problems of storing magazines you wish to keep, and makes it really easy to store a full archive of your favourite magazine for the future.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I believe the opposite. The digital release will definetely kill the printed one, especially if you have to pay for it too, which is normal if they are going to be launched the same date (both digital and printed copy).

Even though, I will stay away from any digital releases as well as PDFs. I don't like this 'new' and 'modern' tactic to read my magazines only on the computer. I prefer the real thing, which you can easily read it everywhere you want. The movement you do when changing pages etc won't be the same in a fake digital copy. And I will 'save' (or better protect) my eyes from the monitor too. A digital and every digital copy are fakes for me, they are just not real, they are just binary numbers and nothing more. You have the feeling that you actually don't hold something, but you cheat/prevent yourself of doing so.