Poll: How much do you like RPGs?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I know, is that the Jagged Alliance series have already been ruined. Remember the screenshot I posted on the old board? Game got very bad reviews, I hope they don't do it for Fallout as well, as there are not a lot of these games released anymore. And remember the last XCom games, holy crap!!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The XCom games are probably the best example of how to ruin a great series. Some of the last games were not even strategy related. Very dire.

I've not played the last game in the Jagged Alliance series but I have read it wasn't too good. It is such a shame there are not many games of this type released as I'm sure it is a popular setting that many would like more games to use.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I wouldn't put too much hope into Fallout 3, Demon. Sadly, I can't say I'm a big optimist when it comes to this game. Although, Bethesda might surprise us with keeping the Fallout tradition alive.

XCom series. UFO - Enemy Unknown was a great game. Too bad the sequels in various forms didn't live up to the expectations.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played through XCom:Apocalypse, which is still one of my all time favorite games, along with Jagged Alliance 2.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried X-Com: Interceptor, Demon? I bought it as an original and while it was an ok game, it surely didn't live up to the expectations I had before purchase.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried X-Com: Interceptor
    Isn't that the space shooter? I think I still have it installed on my PC, but not played a lot.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, it is space shooter. It is in full 3D, with decent graphics. It is an ok game, but not more than that in my opinion.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that I don't have Interceptor installed, I have 3 different XCom games still installed though. But as I'm not playing on my PC, there are still some other games, now older games, on it.

Like Silent Storm, which is a great game, close to Jagged Alliance. But that's for pro players, and not casual players like me, I found it very tough.

And another game, don't remember the name now, was developped by a russian company I think, and then released in Germany, with german language. I remember Harrison moaning about it, because there was no date for an english release. It contained a lot of bugs in its initial release. Was a Jagged Alliance in 3D, but I only played it for a short time.