I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

The Colour of Magic

Production on Teryy Pratchetts The Colour of MAgic has started with some very dubious casting news. Goto Colour of Magic for more info.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm

Would have thought Sean was too young and David too small.
    Would have liked to see Christopher cast as Rincewind.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sean Astin is about the right abe but the wrong ethnicity. Twoflower was always a parady of Chinese/Japanese tourists so a slightly overweight American just isn't right. As David Jason has already played Albert in the Hogfather that should rule him out instantly however he's too short and too old. I've always seen Rincwind as tall and about late 30's to early 50's the age range being so wide due to synicism. Rincewind has the running speed of a 20 year old but the cynicism of a 90 year old so his age is difficult to judge. Nigel Planer could have made a good Rincewind but Tim Curry could be better.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate it when they cast an actor of the wrong ethnic group for any role. The worst for me was the casting for Ford Prefect in the Hitch Hiker's film. The guy was meant to look like a middle classed white Oxford graduate, not black!

I also remember seeing one of those singing contents where they were auditioning for a stage show. Not sure which one it was, but the lead role was always a white English girl, and the lead role ended up going to an Indian! People are likely to shout racism claims these days if casting for anything was restricted to one ethnic group, but surely when a role is specifically to match the characterisation already laid out by the original author this can be seen as unnecessary.

It's just as mad with a current show where they are trying to find singers who look and sound like famous singers. So what did they do? They gave the role of Lineal Richey to a white guy!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!