Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: amiga to mac

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    now I made a stupid mistake. it was Harrison who, very friendly, offered to burn the files for me onto CD, but I couldn't figure out why that was only in the UK?
    Umm... cause I live in the UK. It's always a bit of a hassle sending anything internationally in the post, things have often gone missing or taken a very long time to arrive.

A really good animation program or PC/Mac worth looking at is Toon Boon Studio. It is very much like the Amiga program Take2, and allows you to scan in your hand drawn flip animations so you can use it as a screen tester, and it then allows you to ink and colour the frames. Very nice and useful program for hand drawn animators. They also have a simpler version of the program called Flop Boom for kids to use.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chiel View Post
    and for Stephen: I live in Amsterdam - The Netherlands and we DO have real mail here...

thanks for the offer and support, chiel

now I made a stupid mistake. it was Harrison who, very friendly, offered to burn the files for me onto CD, but I couldn't figure out why that was only in the UK?
    You have mail services in The Netherlands? I always wondered how all the stuff my Mum's friend (who lives there) sent us got here.

Harrison, I have never had any trouble with anything coming from Europe. I have sent and recieved stuff from Germany, Norway and the Netherlands and not had any problems.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Things I've posted to Luxembourg in the past never seem to get there, as DC will confirm.

It is actually more the fiddling about to post anything internationally that reduced my motivation to do it. But I will if it's the only way, but with the internet these days it shouldn't be needed so much for data related stuff.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Things I've posted to Luxembourg in the past never seem to get there, as DC will confirm.
    Yep, you send me the DVDs 3 times I guess, but they never arrived, and when you finally asked about it, they were still at the post and were returned to you if I'm right. But the ones I sent you arrived safely.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, all very strange. And also two of the packages were badly damaged with some of the DVDs shattered! I don't know what they must have done to make that happen.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think i will always send everything recorded delivery even if it international. I did this for something which I sent to America, and USPS were kind enough to tell me when the item left their offices and when it was returned due to there being no one in to accept it.

But I did send an item worth about £50 to Germany using normal airmail and that arrived fine. But I don't trust that to happen again so will use recorded in future.

Something bad must have happened if the DVDs were smashed in their packaging. They are usually hard enough to break just by bending them.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The catch is recorded delivery costs about an extra £5 for international packages rather than the 60p or whatever it is for inland packages. Oh and recorded doesn't actually give any extra protection against the value of the item, just a proof that the item got there or not.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's about £3.50 and you can get additional compensation if you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
    The catch is recorded delivery costs about an extra £5 for international packages rather than the 60p or whatever it is for inland packages. Oh and recorded doesn't actually give any extra protection against the value of the item, just a proof that the item got there or not.
    And where I live, if you're are not in then the postman will just sign the slip himself and leave the package somewhere hidden or even in plain view. I have lost a lot of mail that way, and the post office always say it is not their fault and that if I knew it was being delivered I should have stayed in!!!
    This is not a signature