Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    great! you should also ask what would you like to see in CA? and what would you like to have as amiga system.
    I think these suggestions deserve surveys in their own right.

Whilst the results of the Top 100 games of all time will be published by classicamiga and tied directly into the main site, with links to each game in our database, I want to keep the actual Top 100 games of all time survey more generic and not CA specific.

This is because I want to try and get as many people as we can from as many different Amiga communities to take part. I will be posting links to the survey on as many forums as I can, and I know that if some think it is directly about CA they might be put off as it isn't directly for their own communities.

I'm going to try and target it as the largest Amiga Top 100 games survey of all time, trying to bring together everyone in the whole Amiga community to cast their vote and build up a true representation of the ultimate Top 100 Amiga games of all time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, i can also put a post on some Foruns here in PT about it, maybe i can redirect some people.
    tell me when you think it's the right time to do it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't be bothered to vote for 100 games, in fact it's unlikely I even tried that many.

However, choosing just ten may lead to a whole load of single-vote games getting in the list - how would you rank them?

Another option is to give each of the 10 nominated games points (say ten points for your first pick, decreasing as the list goes down) but even this can make the tail end of the 100 be games that only one person has ranked/voted for.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good point JT.

Some games magazines such as PCGamer use a reader's top 10 voting submission to compile their Top 100 games, so they obviously worked something out to get around this problem.

Awarding points based on where a game is in each submitting users list could work, as a game with a single vote higher on on a list would have more points, and therefore be higher up the final top 100 list.

Maybe we should leave that out to begin with, and if this happens and we end up with a lot of single vote games at the bottom of the top 100, we (the staff of CA) can review the list and make the final decision about what stays and what goes, as well as the final order. We could then utilise a points system if needed to work it out.

In fact, the survey software I'm setting up might be able to automate some of this for us to save the headache. I will have a play around with it and let you know.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, i can also put a post on some Foruns here in PT about it, maybe i can redirect some people.
    Great. The more people we can attract from different countries the better.

Don't advertise it yet though as the final URL for the survey isn't active yet. I will post the url once it is all setup and ready to go. It might also be worth us all submitting out votes first before it goes live as a final test run to find any bugs.

I'm also thinking that if this is successful, we could then rerun it yearly and update the top 100 accordingly. Maybe even adding more Top 100's for things like the Demo scene, which could be great fun in the future.

When does the survey close?

(also, it's nice to see some PD games in there like Gravity Power and Scorched Tanks)

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm aiming to close it at the end of this month, but if it is still proving popular and we are still getting new registrations and voting I will consider keeping the survey open a bit longer.

I've only just added the survey announcement to a few additional sites too, so that will attract more I'm sure. Andreas of Amiga Future was even kind enough to post the announcement on the Amiga Future news page.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Top 100's for the Demoscene would be very interesting to see, Harrison. If you're going to launch such a survey, when do you think that will be? I'll gladly help out on this one if you need any support.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Great. The more people we can attract from different countries the better.

Don't advertise it yet though as the final URL for the survey isn't active yet. I will post the url once it is all setup and ready to go. It might also be worth us all submitting out votes first before it goes live as a final test run to find any bugs.

I'm also thinking that if this is successful, we could then rerun it yearly and update the top 100 accordingly. Maybe even adding more Top 100's for things like the Demo scene, which could be great fun in the future.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to ask you to begin working on ideas for a demo scene survey when you have some free time.

It will use the same software as the current survey, and this is quite diverse in the types of question you can include, so feel free to think of anything for a demo scene survey that you wish.

We can do selection lists as has already been used in the current survey, tick box multiple choice, radio button selection, grid selection (rating 1-5 or 1-10), and much more. So if you have an idea for a question type and are not sure if we can do it ask and I can confirm if it is possible.

The software also allows logic based on answers, so if for example someone answered yes to a question if could unlock an additional question, which would not show if no was selected. This could be useful in a demo scene survey for something like asking if someone was a member of any groups.