Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JPG -> PNG?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

JPG -> PNG?

Is there a program which will do it automatically without me having to go through each picture??
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

@Submeg i don't know about jpeg to png direct conversion but i used infranview to convert all my Amiga .iff images to png for viewing on pc

get it here

it does batch file conversion and even sequential re-naming etc 000, 001,002 etc

hope that helps m8!

Ps i hope you mean Pc of course
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep all on PC, it's just that having 700 photos in JPEG takes a bit of room when u want to upload

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    With photos PNG will be far larger! JPG is the most efficient file format when it comes to photos.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn it is too! oh well time to upload then!!!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried just compressing the jpgs more? Normally most pictures will look perfectly fine with a 20-30% compression ratio (that's photoshop settings, some software uses reverse percentages. Basically I'm meaning 20% quality/size of original file). Also reducing the dimensions of an image a bit can dramatically reduce file sizes.

You can easily use irfanview for this. Just experiment with a couple of images to get them smaller while retaining good quality, and then do a batch conversion of the rest using the best settings you worked out.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm, photoshop anyone? Lol I dont have such software owing to me not needing it

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only mentioned Photoshop because I'm referencing the compression of jpegs based on how it works. As I also mentioned, you can us irfanview to compress your jpegs just as well, and that is completely free.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the photos are still original resolution (i.e. the 5+ megapixels from the Digicam) make a copy of them and reduce the resolution of the copies before uploading. 1000 pixels on the shortest side should be plenty. Just make sure the "keep proportions" option is on and the other side will adjust automatically.

As Harrison said, Irfanview will do this and it's free.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    As Alex said, just copy the files and resize the copies. There is a windows XP image resizer powertoy (assuming you are on XP) that is free and mega simple. Pretty quick too - highlight a batch and right click, choose the most suitable option and Robert is your mother's brother.