Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who still plays with the PS2?

Hello people,

The Playstation 3 is now out for a while now and next year there will be some great releases to choose from such as Metal Gear Solid 4, unfortunate I can not afford a PS3 and as I am now saving up for a new PC it will probably be quite some time before I finally can buy a PS3 myself so I will have to do with PS2.

Before the Christmas Holidays I have purchased Run Like Hell, a survival shooter with focus on the shooting part, and I am planning next year to get Rygar.
    Most people praise it and it looks like a fun game to play.

So which of you are also still playing with the PS2?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm also still using my PS2. Not many new games, but instead playing some of the recent RPG releases from the past couple of years.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still use my PS2 from time to time, mostly for finishing up my backlog of unfinished stuff. I bought a lot of PS2 games back then, thinking I'd play through them all in a hurry, but sadly, that's never how it goes.

Right now, for example, I'm playing Okami and Metal Gear Solid 3 - both bloody fantastic games that I should've played back then, but didn't for various reasons.

Having experienced the next-gen technology already, playing PS2 games again doesn't really bother me. After all, a good game is a good game, regardless of what it looks like. In fact, I'd say that currently, the standard of PS2 games is actually better than that of the PS3 lineup (if such things as graphics and sound are disregarded). There's just so much more to choose from.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never owned any PS's.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my PS2 set up in the bedroom, so I can watch DVDs and play games in there, whereas the PS3, Xbox, Wii, Amiga and PCs are in the living room.
    This is not a signature

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, you have a PS3 and an XBox 360?

The releases for the PS3 have indeed a bit slow but I myself expect that improve in 2008 and the PS3 finally taking the place of the PS2 which will probably see very little releases like the XBox did after the Xbox 360.

I find sometimes rather difficult to decide what console to go next for, I used to be a very big SEGA and Nintendo fan, and immediately went for the N64 when it was released though this proved to be somewhat a disappointment.

I later got a Gamecube but mostly to play Metroid Prime and later Metroid Prime 2 and the GBA player, in general I enjoyed the PS2 which I got some time after the Gamecube a lot more because of the larger collection of games.

The Wii I now have also came because of a new Metroid game (I am a really big Metroid series fan) but it would probably not have come if it wasn't for that game, Nintendo consoles feel very poor supported since the Super Nintendo.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is just the bog standard chunky xBox, not gonna get the 360 unless M$ decide to pump it out with a much better failure ratio, and a built in HD-DVD drive... So that will probably be never. What with BD now officially winning the HD war (mainly because M$ didn't shove the HD-DVD drive IN the 360 in the first place...)

Another reason for not getting the 360 at the moment is that why spend all that extra money on a console and a game when I could buy the PS2 version for more than £10 less.... and STILL get the same amount of enjoyment from the game! A lot of companies are still producing 360 games AND PS2 games... So it makes me wonder, which machine gets the port???

The PS3, granted, has a slow start, but the only games I buy for it are games that are new-gen exclusives or have some decent online function that I can use (which is strange as I don't have a net connection) But things like Tiger Woods 08 was definitely a PS3, rather than a PS2, purchase (because of the online mode) whereas a game like The Simpsons or NFS ProStreet would more than likely be an old-gen purchase at the moment (Not that I want any of the last 2... Me being very anti-EA at the moment, although I do actually like the soundtrack in TW08... because its not the usual trashy pulp rock they churn out!)

But I still love my flippy-lid slimline hunk o' plastic and silicone!
    This is not a signature

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    You crazy little pervert, you!

Wait, you meant the PSTwo?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    You crazy little pervert, you!

Wait, you meant the PSTwo?
    Ohhhhhh now I get it
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still use my PS2, but rarely as it gets no more interesting releaes lately. But I still have so many games to play, mainly RPGs, but also still have to finish God of War 2.

But again I also have some RPGs to play on the PS3 like Folklore or on the 360 like Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata.