Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christmas games. Can anyone get these ones to work?

While I've been adding Christmas themed games to the site I've been having a lot of trouble getting the three Emerald Mine based Christmas games to work. I can get them to boot up, loading the introduction demo scene intros, giving their greetings to the scene etc... but as soon as it reaches the splash screens or game options menus I can't get the damn games to actual start so I can play them.

Has anyone else played these games? If so how to you start them? Or if not please everyone have a go and see if you can get them to play.

I've already included some screenshots for them, as far as I've managed to get them to run, but obviously not any in-game screenshots. So if you manage to play them please take some screenshots for the site, and then please let me know the WinUAE settings you used to run them. I can then include the WinUAE settings on the site for others to play the games.

The first game is called Christmas Mine so if you have some time (i.e. have eaten your dinner and are now too full to move), please give the game a try for me. You can download the ADF of the game from the game's entry on classicamiga.

The other two games are now also on the site for download.

The second is Christmas Mine 2 and predictably the third is called Christmas Mine 3

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to worry. I've now got them all to work!

It wasn't the games at all, but a corrupt WinUAE setup on my system. I removed WinUAE completely. Then deleted all entries from the registry. Put the latest version back on and the games now work fine.

If any of you like Emerald Mine style games then I highly recommend these three as they are very nicely made with some quite devious level designs.

I've now added a few screenshots from within the games.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't get the Holiday Lemmings 1994 4 level demo version to work.

It works until you try to load the first level. You click the mouse and the screen goes black, and then nothing else happens. The adf is available for download on the page.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem to have the same problem, it loads the first level, you click the left mouse button, but the screen stays black, but you can move your mouse cursor around, which is a lemming hand.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly what happens for me too. I expect it is some odd setting WinUAE needs before the game will run. Will have to experiment and see if I can get it to work.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally tracked down Santa and Rudolph Do Christmas! on Aminet but I have no idea how to get the game to run.

The game is provided in the LHA archive I've attached to this post. Inside are a load of bin and Abk files. Are those AMOS files? Plus there is some instructions and credits that are just text files, and a promotion program that loads some F1 Licenseware adverts.

Anyone know how to get this to run? I can then create a hardfile or ADF of the game to add to the site.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the game in ADF format, pm me your email address and I'll send it you.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Harrison,

Have you also been able to make Psycho Santa run?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have the WHDLoad version of Psycho Santa. If you have the ADF that would be great. And thanks for the offer Belgarath. My email address is dave@classicamiga.com if you can email the ADF that would be great.

And welcome to classicamiga.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

I've sent you both the games via email.