Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty667 View Post
    Ah yes the first memory. But of course in those days I was only a tea boy.

A mate had an Amiga 600, loved the graphics. Think he was playing a game called Doddle Bug? It was a platformer but I bet if that's not the title that doesnt narrow it down much! I'm not sure if it was totally due to this but I bought loads of issues of Amiga Power at least a year before I got one just due to being facinated with it. Cant remember if I saw his 600 first or got the magazines first (I've got a Goldfish memory). Then one birthday I got my A1200! Loved it. It came with Trolls, Pinball Dreams (I think) and a football game. Was blown away. I only had a small amount of games due to pocket money but still had loadsa fun. But I had amassed a great deal of cover disks by that point. Pitty not all were compatable but at least with the A1200 I got to play Gloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Did you ever use the Relokick 1.3 disk with the A1200? It rebooted the machine into a kickstart 1.3 system and most games that would not run as standard on the A1200 worked perfectly.

As for that platform game, it was probably DoodleBug: Bug Bash 2, so you were pretty much right. Sorry there are no images for this game on the site yet.
    I played a demo of Doodlebug on an AP coverdisk, it was good fun. Throwing the coloured pencils would result in things being 'drawn' on screen that you could use - eg a balloon to float across some water or up to a high ledge, or a parasol to float down. Was a lot of fun as I remember

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, I completely forgot that aspect of the game. Very innovative at the time and only very recently was that idea revisited with the PS2 game Okami where you play a mythical wolf who can control the mystical forces of natual and use a paint brush to paint shapes to form water and other natural elements, as well as destroy and cut down things.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    woa that sounds like an interesting game
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okami is a great game and if you get the chance it is well worth playing. The game's style is japanese ink based art work with all of the 3D graphics rendered in this way. It looks amazing and is really different and quite a unique game.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old is it? I need this game

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okami is indeed a very good game, with a unique gameplay.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okami wasn't released that long ago so you should be able to find a copy easily. It was made by Capcom and the official site is http://www.capcom.com/okami/

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet cheers Harrison! That looks like it will go nicely with Loco Roco and I love Katamari