Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a Rode Lavalier Go microphone from Amazon. It arrived earlier, and I got an email saying:

Hi Stephen,
    Your parcel has been posted through your letterbox.

How was your delivery?
    It was great
    Not so great

Do they really expect me to provide feedback on the process of pushing an envelope through a door?

Anyway, I've tested the microphone with my Sony Minidisc recorder and it works nicely. It doesn't work properly on either of my Sony camcorders though. Once its plugged in, the camcorder keeps randomly switching between internal and external microphone.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to review something on Amazon the other day and it asked me to rate Thickness! It wasn't relevant at all. Very strange.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I went to review something on Amazon the other day and it asked me to rate Thickness! It wasn't relevant at all. Very strange.
    Good job there was no mention of Circumference eh!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And if it came with batteries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    And if it came with batteries!

Well, my Rant & a bit of a change in Topic direction is....

After having the AstraZeneca Jab last Thursday afternoon after work, it seriously F'king Floored me!

Every Injury my body has ever suffered in my life paid me an unwelcome re-visit on Friday morning. - I could barley move & just wanted to sleep. Sleep was easy despite feeling like someone had sledge hammered a metal plate right though my skull at eyeball level....

Thankfully, I felt better on Saturday & this morning, I'm just dealing with coughing some shit up here & there.

Deb's had the Pfizer variant about three weeks ago & didn't react anything like I have with the Oxford variant. - Thankfully, all Deb had was a tender left arm from shoulder to elbow.

Still, it's done now & just have to wait 12 weeks for part two. Hopefully, it wont leave me feeling like the first part did!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks. Please let us know how you get on with the second one.

I gather some amount of illness is normal with vaccines. However, it can be enough to put you off. Last time I had a vaccine (some years ago), I was very ill for the rest of the day. That really helped to put me off vaccines.

I'm a bit stuck with the coronavirus vaccine. On one hand, I don't want it because I don't consider the disease dangerous enough to warrant having a rushed out vaccine. On the other hand, I know enough conspiracy theorists who talk crap about vaccines that I think I should get it just to prove them wrong .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    That sucks. Please let us know how you get on with the second one.

I gather some amount of illness is normal with vaccines. However, it can be enough to put you off. Last time I had a vaccine (some years ago), I was very ill for the rest of the day. That really helped to put me off vaccines.

I'm a bit stuck with the coronavirus vaccine. On one hand, I don't want it because I don't consider the disease dangerous enough to warrant having a rushed out vaccine. On the other hand, I know enough conspiracy theorists who talk crap about vaccines that I think I should get it just to prove them wrong .
    Steve, it's a bit like this RE COVID-19 fella....

If you get it (anyone can btw) & your Body's Immune System can't Fight it, one thing is sure....

Without any treatment to recover/deal with it, it's gunno Kill you, simple as....

Conspiracy ideas...how about this one then....

All of us that have had a vaccine for COVID-19 will be Royally F'kd with the next Pandemic, then they wont feel so bad about Genocide @ a Global Level. - Adolf has the best kill/death ratio so far.

Plug in Buddy & when you see an Alien next, ask him if we can have Bruce Lee back eh. - F'k Elvis!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    I don't want it because I don't consider the disease dangerous enough to warrant having a rushed out vaccine.
    You don't consider it dangerous? Sorry Steve but you need a reality check. Your attitude is the reason we have seen over 125k people die from Covid here.

Where I work a woman's husband became seriously ill with it and was hospitalised. She then developed it and became hospitalised too. Whilst both of them were seriously ill her father died from Covid. Her husband then went down hill and she had to say good bye to him by zoom before he also died! She is still in hospital. This is no joke, but so many in this country still think it is. I'm not laughing!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It might not necessarily be dangerous to you Steve; but to an elderly relative, to a friend with a weak immune system, to the guy in the shop undergoing chemo, to those simply unlucky enough to be extremely susceptible.... it could be incredibly dangerous.

Get the vaccination Steve. Everyone get the vaccination.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My father got his first yesterday, mom didn't get an invitation yet, although they're only 2 years of age difference.