Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    I just came back from a short holiday to find a card from Hermes lodged in the door, stating 'Parcel in green bin'. I looked in my green bin, and indeed there was a parcel there.
    That's gotta be a "First" for "Herpes".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates
    Its addressed to our address, but to someone whom we've never heard of. Any idea what I should do with it? If I'd been in when the courier called I could have refused it. I can't really drop it back in the post like I could if it was Royal Mail.

Fortunately though there is a return address on the parcel, so I could contact the sender.
    RTC
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to say that the other week, the intended recipient actually called round with the money . Turns out it was intended for number seventy-something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I got Herpe'd some weeks back....

Returned some items to Amazon via a Local McColl's shop on the 12/03/19 & Hermes were the Courier doing the pickup.

Amazon received the return @ their Holdings Address on the 26/03/19.... Two frickin weeks dammit....

I could have strapped it to the back of a Stray Dog & probably got a quicker result.

Meh!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is some delay. My only guess is such a company send returns back via palette and it only gets shipped once a full palette is filled. You see Amazon returns pallets for sale online because Amazon don't actually want the hassle of processing the items.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not entirely sure that's correct Harrison....It certainly wasn't a Pallet @ the McColl's shop, that's for sure.

I've sent two returns to Amazon since & used Royal Fail, ....cough..... Mail.....

Dropped off @ 11.40am on the way to work & by 2.30pm, had an Email from Amazon saying my refund was in process.

Two day's later, I had another Email saying they had received my return & had refunded my account. - The money showed 3 day's later!

Impressive.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    You see Amazon returns pallets for sale online because Amazon don't actually want the hassle of processing the items.
    Really? Seems counterintuitive at first but I guess keeping happy and returning customers is more valuable than time spent (therefore wage cost) on processing minor things.

Still, what a crazy world we live in sometimes, eh?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you look on YouTube there are some whom make a living from these return palettes and film unboxing them. There is a lot of junk included but these people seem to sell it at places like car boots and market stalls so work involved to get their money back.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen quite a few 'Recommended' videos crop up on YouTube with titles like "Amazon returns pallet unboxing". Don't think I've ever watched one, but I have seen such pallets for sale.

I can certainly understand why they would want to just get rid of low-value returns like that.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly, especially if the packaging has been broken, opened or items used. More hassle than the amount they could hope to get reselling as open box or B grade as they would need to employ someone to check, repackage, write reports etc.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Royal Mail refund time again.

379 days ago I sent a complaint letter to an unreliable private business. Recently they revealed that they never received it . I attempted to put a claim in on Royal Mail's website but it said you can only claim up to 80 days after the item was posted.

I guess that will save Harrison and co some stamps.