Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

Hybrid View

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Random Rants

I'm haveing a bit of a mare at the moment so i wanted to start a Thread where anyone can just post a rant about life, the universe and everything. The rules are:-
    1) No names
    2) No rants about fellow members

Being as it's my thread i'll start.

Why the hell did i not pay more attention when i did my ebay listings. I've had one item listed for the past couple of weeks when it looks like i've already accidentally sent it out to someone by mistake so i've lost money. Then when i did my listings i didn't pay attention to my P&P costings and have cocked up on most of them (usually overcharging people) which fortunately i've managed to correct in the invoices but still it's a pain. I know that this is nobodies fault but my own but i just wanted to vent.

Thats better. I feel cleansed.
    Last edited by Buleste; 21st December 2007 at 10:35.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOOh this looks like fun!!!

I hate my landlord... well, I hate the sh177y plumber they used... A pipe birst and soaked a load of my collectibles.

Not so bothered about the Star Wars CCG stuff, as that was mostly worthless, but the Big Box Daggerfall and Frontier on the Amiga... now that was a reall p1553r!!!

Ahh, f**k the old plumber.... where the bleedin' 'ell is the fixture to repair it all.

What was worse was that it was hot water, and that steam got into all my stuff.

I will be glad when this year is over!
    This is not a signature

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a pretty sh1t day. I feel for your frontier.

How long before someone has a Rant about people having Rants?

I forgot to mention that today i was supposed to be having a power shower connected up by an electrician. *:30 he should have come. 10:00 he said he would be there at 11:30 at latest. 13:00 hours he turned up. Said it was because he went to Spain yesterday, came back in early hours of morning then his washing machine busted and he spent all morning trying to fix that. When he did turn up all he did was connect some wiring to the fuse box and said he'll come back Saturday. He stayed for 1 and a half hours. If he'd have turned up when he said he would he'd have had the damn thing done today and still have had time to do his washing machine.
    Tradesmen. Shoot the bloody lot!!!!!!!!!!!! (unless they are members of this site, then they have good taste and are obviousely good at their job and worth every penny.)
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Then when i did my listings i didn't pay attention to my P&P costings and have cocked up on most of them (usually overcharging people) which fortunately i've managed to correct in the invoices but still it's a pain.
    If someone has already bid on the item and you clearly had the post and packing price listed on the auction, then they would have agreed to the price and you don't have to correct or refund anything.

Many ebayers over charge on the postage to cover what they really want for the item they are selling, as a lower price on the actual item invites more people into the bidding.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunatly i'm honest about my P&P charges and have been known to give a refund of difference when i get the prices wrong without the customer asking for one. I'm proud of my 100% feedback and want to keep it. I allways put the starting price at the moinimum i want for my items, If they go for more then bonus. Either way i'm not ranting so this is inappropriate for this thread.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do agree to the prices, but sometimes, the seller is just generous. I had someone refund me £5 on the postage once due to him not being sure of the exact cost. Nothing wrong with refunding and making your buyers happy if you want to.

My rant for today is why to my teachers at college keep getting ill? Pat was ill last week so we ended up getting friday afternoon off, Keith was off yesterday so we got to go early, and John is off today so we got the entire day off, except for the hour that it took to get to college and back (It's end of term now, and college closes at 12:30, so there is no friday afternoon).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the joys of further education Steve! It has been like that ever since I was first at college.

Unlike in a school where they have a duty to teach you, so they have to provide a stand in teacher, in college and other further education the philosophy is that you are now an adult and the tutors are only there to guide you, not to enforce what you are doing. If you don't get on with the work, then you are the only one you are hurting. Therefore when a tutor is off ill they won't normally provide cover as they expect you to just continue your studies on your own.

The only thing that they bother taking into account is the end of term/semester scores. Don't hit the required level and you have to retake to continue. Other than that life as a student is good. It can however take some time to adjust to that way of thinking and working after the restrictive way schools work. But they have to as I can't imagine most teens left to their own devices would get on and do any work.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    here is one: fem_ _ _ _

Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    They do agree to the prices, but sometimes, the seller is just generous. I had someone refund me £5 on the postage once due to him not being sure of the exact cost. Nothing wrong with refunding and making your buyers happy if you want to.

My rant for today is why to my teachers at college keep getting ill? Pat was ill last week so we ended up getting friday afternoon off, Keith was off yesterday so we got to go early, and John is off today so we got the entire day off, except for the hour that it took to get to college and back (It's end of term now, and college closes at 12:30, so there is no friday afternoon).
    Xmas shopping and boozing?

What's with all these weak snivelling gits wishing us "Happy Holdiays"?
    Spineless twits (Misspelt that last word)

It's Happy Christmas or nothing you bar stewards.

What are we on holiday for?
    XMAS, you politically correct toadying scum.

(Thanks Buleste)
    Last edited by TiredOfLife; 24th December 2007 at 12:24. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    What's with all these weak snivelling gits wishing us "Happy Holdiays"?
    Spineless twits (Misspelt that last word)

It's Happy Christmas or nothing you bar stewards.

What are we on holiday for?
    XMAS, you toadying scum.
    Politically correct toadying scum would be more appropriate but hear, hear.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD