Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortona View Post
    Thanks for the tip Buleste. Just from his 'shorted' email I'd have given him less than 5 stars. I think your feedback was fully justified, especially in light of his eBay account abuse. If there's proof of him bidding on his own auctions to increase the price, if I understand correctly, then he should be nailed to the floor by his gonads and sodomised by a pack of wild dogs... er, I mean banned from eBay (although I've no idea how they would enforce that).

I think eBay needs an additional category in the feedback along the lines of, "How much of a wa**er was this person in terms of this transaction only?" I guess a star rating would be inadequate: you'd need options from Top Banana down to Total Wa**er, with Idle Tosser somewhere in-between.
    That would have to work on a star-rating. Based on the number of asterisks in the word that eBay decides is too rude to view...

Tw*t = 1 star (lowest, mildest negative rating)
    Wa**er = 2 star (could do better)
    F***er = 3 star (not good at all, could do worse)
    **** = 4 star (Utterly despicable)
    *****bag = 5 Star (Well, you WERE warned...)
    This is not a signature

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think that £2.50 is quite reasonable for postage cost on a book. Alot of the time when I have ordered light items from non ebay suppliers, they have often charged a fixed price of about £4. I wouldn't be very happy if it wasn't packed very well though.

I think the email situation could have been dealt with better by him just sending a short (by short I mean short) email explaining the situation without sounding like he was begging.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    £2.50 is quite reasonable for a book if you use a carded envelope to protect the book and send it recorded. However he just used a large envelope and 70p worth of stamps.Thats a P&P cost of £1.00 maximum. Had it been £2.50 in carded envelope then i probably would have given him a DSR of 4 stars. I'm sorry but to me Postage and packing means postage and packing. If you have any Shipping/Handling fee then it should be included in the start price. How would you like it if you went in a shop bought something for £10.00 but when you got to the till it was £16.00 because of a handling fee? You'd be livid which is why you shouldn't accept such over charges.

Under normal circumstances i would've complained to him about the lack of packaging and asked for a refund due to the book being delivered in a condition different than advertised due to lack of protection. However with his email basically saying only to leave feedback if you think he runs a 5 star service, which he clearly does not, I decided to explain that i couldn't leave 5 star feedback for a poor service. He didn't like that but would only give me a refund if i gave him 5 stars. I couldn't do that because if i have to complain then it's not a 5 star service. After a few more emails I felt perfectly justified to give him negative feedback.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just received an email from cougarrinard saying that because I've left negative feedback he's reported me for "FB extortion and Blackmail". Apparently if you think you've been overcharged and ask for a refund else you'll leave negative feedback due to the poor service it counts as extortion and/or blackmail. Due to the total muppet nature of this email I just bounced it back to him.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mad! We should all definitely avoid this guy. How do these people survive online and continue to trade for so long? If I tried such practices I'm sure the websites I was trading though would kick my account pretty quickly.

I hope the site sees it from your point of view.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see why not. I thought the whole feedback system was if you're not happy with something you complain to the seller, the dispute is either resolved or not. If it's resolved then you leave positive feedback. If it's not resolved then you leave either neutral or negative feedback. although I don't have as much feedback as him (my 182 to his 18,000) my feedback rating is 100% with DSR's of 4.9, 4.8, 4.8, 4.8 so i do know what I'm doing. I suppose because he's a Power Seller that might work in his favour but I've kept a record of all emails sent and all emails received. I've also kept the packaging for what it is. What I find strange is that he replied to my feedback fairly quickly yet he didn't email me his supposed outrage until 3 days later. Still we'll see.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a feeling this is going to turn nasty.

Anyway, my rant for today. I went swimming this morning at Maltby Sports Centre. It cost £3.35! I have hardly been swimming at all since 2002, but I checked the prices in about 2003/2004 and it cost £1.35 then.

I'm quite happy to pay £3.35 but that is a big £2 increase in just 4/5 years.

My main concern here though is that all the sports centres and swimming pools in Rotherham are being replaced by a few large sports centres. This has had quite a lot of controversy as currently there are (or were) quite a lot of small swimming pools, and a few big sport/leisure centres, but now, all these are being knocked down to be replaced by about 4 large sports centres. This means that the users of the small local pools will have to travel a lot further to use facilities which if you only want a swimming pool, probably won't be any better. This doesn't make any difference to me as Maltby is being replaced by one right at the side of the current one, and Maltby is still a good 10 minutes on the bus.

Also, these new venues are going to be run by a private company for the next 30 years or so. That suggests to me that the prices may go up quite a lot more. (The current facilities are run by the council). I expect these new facilites I expect might end up a little busy, since the whole town will have 4 large facilites to share between everyone rather than 9 small ones. I can only see this detering people from using them.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The main reason I can think for them doing this is to save money. By combining all of the different sports activities and facilities under one roof they can quickly save on maintenance and employment costs.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just received this email from cougarrinard
    JUSTICE, LOL.

your blackmailling / FB extortion -FB has been removed by ebay as i knew it would be, LOL. hows it feel?

I would like to point out that you know nothing about ebay, my business or packaging, and when I want advice I DONT take it form someone who has sold less items i ntheior 4 years on ebay than i do in a few days.

so as not to bore you with overly long emails, I'll stop here, but know that i won, LOL. dont bother replying your email address has been classed as spam, LOL. its a great day today isnt it? well better for me than you I guess? and would imagine that any more FB blackmail / extortion will result in suspention or ban, it just gets better.

I can definitely say it has been a pleasure doing business with you.
    Nothing from eBay though which is annoying.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone has an eBay account they can use to spam this moron with awful scores?