Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally got my stuff back on Friday, beamer is working fine, but the amp still has issues. It has 2 HDMI outputs, and one is still not working, it only shows the ONKYO logo, and gets stuck with that image. Also it doesn't display any menu, on neither output. I called the guy again, and I dunno what's happening now, I was asking him for a replacement. The HDMI output that is working is fine though, at least I get to watch stuff on the beamer. Firmware update doesn't work either, it always asks for an update, but ends up with an error, over network or USB, the same sh*t happens.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 8th October 2012 at 05:23.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I tried to use a self-service till in WHSmith to purchase 4 magazines.

After the 3rd item, it said 'Please wait for assistance'. The display said it required "authorisation to skip bagging". No one came after a moment, so I went to the regular till and paid there, and by the time I left, it was still sitting there saying 'Please wait for assistance'.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some self service tills are annoying. Asda's have been the most annoying, not accepting items have been placed in the "bagging" area and needing assistance every 5 seconds to clear a message. Tesco's ones can be just as annoying. Sainsbury's have been the best ones for us so far, allowing most things to scan correctly the first time and no baggage issues.

@DC. Sorry to hear you are still having problems. I would be really annoyed too if I got a repaired unit back to find it still wasn't working correctly. Have you tried resetting it to factory defaults? In case the repairs have just confused it. Worth a short if it is possible.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a reset many times, as it got stuck quite often. Doesn't have an impact.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Some self service tills are annoying. Asda's have been the most annoying, not accepting items have been placed in the "bagging" area and needing assistance every 5 seconds to clear a message. Tesco's ones can be just as annoying. Sainsbury's have been the best ones for us so far, allowing most things to scan correctly the first time and no baggage issues.
    As a general rule, I don't bother with them, but I have a go with them occasionally. Once, in Morrisons, the staff member said I had to use it so I tried, and I almost missed my £5 change because I didn't know where it came out. But because I was so busy trying to scan everything and put things in the correct place I forgot I was due change anyway!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn flu!!! I was feeling bad during the night from Monday to Tuesday, had fever and my nose was completely blocked. In the morning I then went to the doctor, and he prescribed me antibiotics. But the same day, it started to get even worse, I also had very bad coughing, still my nose blocked, so I eventually got also headaches because everything was blocked. During the nights I always had 39 degrees fever, and so I decided to go back to the doctor Thursday morning, telling him, that it got only worse.

He then prescribed me other, stronger antibiotics, and told me to stop with the old ones. These I will now have to take for 10 days. So I did that. Fever was still coming, plus I have so much pain in my chest now, because of the relentless coughing, and due to that, I think that I have abdominals like a bodybuilder, sounds funny, but isn't really.

So with the new antibiotics I was hoping to get better soon, and on Thursday afternoon, it seemed to be a bit better, nose was not running anymore all the time, coughing is still existant, painful, but happening less often, only that sometimes for 30 minutes I get like a little coughing "crisis", where I can't stop coughing, and that's painful and annoying.

So last night was better, nose almost not blocked anymore, coughing got better, and my night was more calm than the others before, as also the fever dropped a bit. But when I woke up this morning, I really felt bad, this is at the moment the worst day this week, I have nightmares, hallucinations and body is twitching all the time. And already I didn't eat very much (a bit soup every day) this week, my stomach is now also bad, and I feel kind of puky.

I have no idea when this will get better, but I hope it will happen soon, don't want to go back to the doctor again on Monday, or even have to call one home during the weekend.

And also my plans for tomorrow are all ruined, as tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm quite sure, it will be one of my worst ones, staying home in bed and being sick.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh dear. Sorry to hear you have been so ill. I hope you feel a bit better for the weekend. And Happy Birthday. I hope you can enjoy it in some way.

I've had a sore throat for a couple of days but it hasn't yet developed into anything more. Hopefully it won't. Seems to be the beginning of the cold and flu season.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you are better soon .

My Mum said there is some cold type stuff going round at work, so everyone here will probably get something in the near future.

I had nasal surgery in hospital the other day. That went well and although my nose feels like I am suffering from a cold as well as feeling like someone has been cutting it open, I'm pleased to say that it is not blocked and I can breathe quite well .

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Poor Demon, hope you get better.

I will write one good recipe, that worked well with me, a bit strong to stomach, only for strong man :-)
    People laugh at this, but it works. It's old knowledge...

1/2 liter of milk
    1 onion bark
    2 big spoons of honey
    1 glass of whiskey

the milk must be hot, the hotest you can drink, put the onion bark inside, just the bark, (doesn't have big flavor)
    put the honey and then the whisky also hot, shake it, drink it fast, and then go to bed.
    Or you die, or you will be better... :-) not kiding, it worked for me. but this is for when you start to feel bad, before medicines.
    If you are with antibiotics i would not do it....
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yesterday was the first day I didn't have fever anymore, today I'm back to work. Although I'm still coughing and sneezing. Must still take antibiotics until Saturday.