Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    We were driving the way she had to drive on Saturday, and I saw now what the problem was. You're coming on the highway from a 270 degree turn, and the solid line goes for 200m, because this acts like a speeding lane, otherwise you would come to the highway with 40km/h, which would be dangerous, and that's why you have to accelerate on that lane, and after 200m, the line becomes dashed and you can cross it.

@Stephen: My girlfriend only works 19 hours a week, she only makes little money, that of course she also needs for herself.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be good if they used that system in the UK. Car's joining from a sliproad here just have the dotted line with no required distance to speed up first, so often we do get slow cars joining in front and causing cars on the road to brake. Although common sense is to speed up to the speed to match the traffic, not all drivers do this, especially older or new drivers.

And it will get worse if they decide to introduce the speed increase on our motorways, which will then be 80 MPH (129 KPH)

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess what guys?

This morning was the next effort of my girlfriend trying to pass the driver's license exam. And you know what, she failed again!! Apparently she missed one or two priorities from the right, as there were no signs, and she couldn't see the road coming. Too bad.

The whole thing now starts to get me angry, and I start to doubt now if she's even able to drive around with a car? Perhaps it would be better for her not to drive, as probably she would have an accident driving like she does at the moment.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    3rd time she fails?
    why don't you pick a nice, calm place, far from traffic, isolated, and practise a bit with her?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes taking some time away from trying to drive is a good idea, then come back to it in a couple of months. Might allow her time to relax and refocus? Might also allow her time to consider if she actually needs to be able to drive.

A friend of mine took 6 attempts to pass and whilst he isn't the best driver in the world, he is far from the worst. Often it can just be nerves or it just takes a lot of time to build the confidence, or the observation skills needed to drive.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I spoke to her, she explained me. After the exam, she spoke to her instructor, who thought that she would pass, as again she drove quite well he said. But the examiner decided to let her fail, as she missed one priority, and apparently she was driving a bit too much on the right side!!! How stupid is that? I guess that another, less fussy examiner would have let her pass.

She told me that she doesn't have problems with the driving itself, she only panics to fast and is afraid of making mistakes, especially during the exams.

@Tiago
    I cannot drive with her, as my car is automatic, and she must drive with a manual car.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    When if driving is not the major problem, and attention and relaxition is the problem, she has to me calm.
    didnt she take any kind of medical stuff to calm her down? There are some light pills that calm you down without taking off you reflextions.
    Just to be not so nervous.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    She went to the doctor last week exactly for that, and he gave her some pills. She takes them now since one week, and they also help, but didn't help to pass the exam unfortunately. But she said that she didn't cry this time after failing, she was just emotionless, and that's probably because of the pills, she feels a lot calmer she says.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do some f****** people have to use f****** swear word so many f****** times in a f****** sentence?

Not only is it f****** annoying, but its also gets f****** boring.

The f****** part time second year students at college are particularly f****** good at it.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally!!!

She made it on her 4th effort. Yesterday morning she called me at 11:15, and told me that she passed. I told her not to tell me when the exam would take place, as I didn't want to know and to be worried and waiting again. She told me that that morning she would have a lesson, and even the next day, today, she would also have a lesson. Cheeky baby.

I'm as happy as her, and finally we can pick her car up from the guy who still has it in his garage, for now already 2 months.

And btw, she passed without one single mistake, so I guess she's not that bad Let's hope so.