Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I asked her again, and one hour costs 58€, and not 68€. But that's still a lot.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am fed up of giving everyone my neatly stacked and stapled documents to people to photocopy (usually for their own use), just to get it returned to me with the staple removed, or removed and replaced with one which is not as neat.

The only reason I can see for this is so that they can put the document into a photocopier's sheet feeder.

Is it really necessary to remove the staple and use a sheet feeder? How hard can it be to lift the lid up and put the paper on the glass?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many places will accept a Photocopy you make yourself if you show them the original alongside the photocopy. Saves them the time to copy it, and your original remains in your possession at all times.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm referring more to other people whom you simply give a document to when they ask, e.g. office staff (amongst others).

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's exactly what I meant Steve. If they ever ask me at work to bring documents in for their records I just provide them with a photocopy I've made myself and they always accept them.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now, at this exact moment, is my girlfriend's second try for the driving license. She started 9:40, and probably will have to drive for about 30 minutes.

Let's hope she will make it this time

EDIT: Got the message now, she failed again

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

She crossed a solid line when driving up to a highway, and apparently that's a fatal mistake which costs you 20 points, and you can lose a maximum of 15.

The examiner and instructor said that she drove really well, and that she didn't make ANY other mistake, but rules are rules.

I just thought that they could have turned a blind eye to it, and tell her that she really should pay attention to that stuff next time, and given her the license. I mean, what's the point, it's not that fatal. If you cross a solid line on a country road f.ex. to double someone, that would be dangerous, but this, I don't know.

I only know that now it will be again 522€ more to pay, f**cking bullshit
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 20th January 2012 at 09:14.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that. She must be quite upset.

When you say solid line, do you mean up the middle of the road? Like we have 2 solid lines in the UK up the middle meaning no overtaking?

€522? Is that the cost of taking the test?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the solid line when you come up to the highway, I show you on a picture, that's easier to explain. It's like in the formula one when you come out of the boxstop, you're not allowed to drive over the solid line.

You have to wait until the line is "dashed", before you can cross it.

She has now to drive 8 hours again, 58€/hour, and the exam itself is also 58€, thus 522€. That will be then already together 2400€ I have to pay, and she still has to pass, otherwise you can always add another 522€.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That will be then already together 2400€ I have to pay,
    Why are you paying for it though? Why doesn't she pay for it?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, OK that image explains it. We don't have solid lines on entry sliproads in the UK, just dashed lines. Your way sounds safer. Although we do have hatched areas you are not meant to cross, so similar I suppose.

And in the UK tests they don't include our motorways. Learners are not allowed on them either.