Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I Googled it, but I only get links to this page.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Anyone know what a tinterworldwidewebnetthing is?
    That's what those from up tut north in Yorkshire call the Internet. You should know that r Steve.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    484 days after the election and still we have no government here in belgium.
    those politicians don't mind, they get payed anyway.

i'm ashamed to be belgian !

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by demusse View Post
    484 days after the election and still we have no government here in belgium.
    those politicians don't mind, they get payed anyway.

i'm ashamed to be belgian !

I am from Portugal, can you imagine that? We just can't think like that man, must keep a positve mind that someday it will get better.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Poor My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    hard to keep a positive mind when you have to scrape the bottom of your wallet just to pay the bills mate.
    i saddens me that i even consider selling my amiga stuff after receiving a tax bill of 1300€.
    meanwhile members of government who decide to quit their job in office receive sickening high farewell bonusses, just to start an even higher paid job on a lower level.

and the belgians just swallow this injustice, only ranting in the local pub !

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quite similar here... govement did a lot of sh** in the last 20 years, allways with that "the next goverment will close the door", till then, lets spend money...
    we saw a lot of strange decitions, like for example building a TGV train from Lisbon to Porto (300km line)... if they want to connenct lisbon to Europe in high speed line, that's ok, connect Lisbon to Madrid, but, between 2 cities in Portugal is spending a lot of money, special when we allready have a train capable of going to 230Km/h !!!!! but our train rails were done for a maximum of 150km/h or something ike that, so why have a train that can go to 230 km/h when most of the trip cannot go far then 120 km /h ????? and now they want TGV !!!!! shi** build only the train rails....
    the list would go on and on... of never ending shi**
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My girlfriend failed the driver's license test today, she went to the highway, got scared about a passing car, didn't know how to react, so the instructor had to grab the steering wheel. Cost her 30 points, which is immediate fail.

It's not that it's sooo bad, as she can probably take the test in 1-2 months again, but as I have to pay for the whole stuff, and she will need now to take again 8 lessons of an hour, which cost 68€/hour, so make the calculation for yourselves

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like she wasn't ready to take the test... above all you have to be confident on the road or you will at some point have a crash... and it is better she is safe.

€68 per hour for lessons is quite expensive, although I have no idea what they cost here in the UK any more. When I past my test about 17 years ago i think I was paying £13 for 1.5 hour lessons.

Do you have to take written tests as well as a practical in Luxembourg? Here in the UK they have to take a written multiple choice test before they can then learn to drive and take the practical test to get the license. And I think the written test results are valid for some time so once passed they don't need to take it again until it expires. When i did my test we just had the practical test and nothing else. I'm actually not sure I would want to learn to drive these days as the volume of traffic has really increased in the last 15+ years and the cost of driving too. A guy I worked with was 20 years old and past his test. He bought an old Vauxhall (Opel) Astra 1.4 that was about 15 years old and he had to pay £1400 for the insurance! Mad.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You also have to take a practical test before, only if you pass, you can start with the driving lessons.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was reading PC Pro's website the other day, and I got this advert for IE9:

http://stevecoates.net/stuff/ie9.jpg

The reason it appears that I am not using Internet Explorer is probably because I'm on Linux.