Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Moon Landing hoax

Do you think that man really was on the moon?
    first thought we will say yes, but... there is so many strange facts about it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_...ax_accusations
    A500 - A600 - A1200

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It goes to show that if you have enough time on your hands then you can disprove anything even up to the point of if we exist or not. The argument that the technology was insufficiant falls flat as humanity has managed to do many thing without the slightest of scientific understanding of how they work until much later (powered flight for example). The rest is just enough to keep people paranoid just enough to miss the real actions of their government. Also don't forget that most of all conspiracy theorists are American, a nation of borderline psychopaths.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Who knows. Everything ever done by the USA has been followed by many conspiracy theories. I would like to believe they did actually go to the moon. After all, what is really the point in lying? Well OK there was a good reason. The space race between the USA and USSR. But later Russia admitted they had no real interest in getting to the moon as they knew there wasn't much there.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, there's no strange facts. Just strange physics.

Saw the documentary a while ago. Basically disproved everything, using mostly examples you can copy yourself if you didn't believe it. Flag is too light to unfold from it's own weight on the moon, you can't see stars if there is a brighter lightsource present ie the moon's surface. Same reason you can't see stars here when the sun is up.

Conspiracy nuts, people with way too much time on their hands in my opinion.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just remember that since the '70's US military intelligence worked on the idea that if they cannot find the secret technology of the enemy that prooves it exists. This is a mentality that has crept down to all americans and has led to the state of the world today. A little distrust of politicians and government is fine, anything else is madness.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the same as that Fox documentary that was on C5 a few years back right?

I personally found it a load of rubbish, and I believe man has been on the moon. It just happens that I watched a programme on the moon on BBC Four last night, and it showed scientists investigating rock samples retrieved from the moon during an Apollo mission, which they described as being unlike anything on earth and formed in a totally different way - I find it hard to believe that they could keep the secret amongst a larger group than just those involved in the Apollo mission themselves (still a very large number) without someone coming out and saying something.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this bit: "One of the earthrise photos. The Flat Earth Society used these photos as evidence of a faked landing, since they show a spherical Earth." Damn I wanna shoot those people.....
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Also don't forget that most of all conspiracy theorists are American, a nation of borderline psychopaths.
    I don't dispute this quote.
    So how could such a nation get themselves normal for long enough to do something like land on the moon in that day and age?

Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    I love this bit: "One of the earthrise photos. The Flat Earth Society used these photos as evidence of a faked landing, since they show a spherical Earth." Damn I wanna shoot those people.....
    Brilliant.
    Using one conspiracy theory to disprove another.
    Now that's what I call commitment to the cause.
    Last edited by TiredOfLife; 18th December 2007 at 10:17. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They didn't get to the moon, after all it is made of cheese (Wendsleydale, to be precise)
    This is not a signature

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    They didn't get to the moon, after all it is made of cheese (Wendsleydale, to be precise)
    IIRC they decided it wasn't Wendsleydale.