Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love british and european sports cars such as the lotus esprit turbo and the lambourghini diablo but i have a real soft spot for older american muscle cars. The shelby mustang is outclassed by the cobra - supposedly the reason we have a max speed limit in this country!
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed. When the first motorway was opened in the UK it had no speed limit, but then the police caught a Cobra doing a ridiculous speed on it so added the speed restrictions.

Sadly I also read recently that Germany are going to be adding speed limits to their Autobahns soon too.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? Damn it!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Sadly I also read recently that Germany are going to be adding speed limits to their Autobahns soon too.
    Darn. And here I was enjoying cruising along the 'Bahns at 220+ km/h. Seriously, how do they expect people to get around a large country like that at 100 km/h max? It'd take ages to get anywhere. Plus, is there any statistical proof that a speed limit of 100 km/h leads to less incidents compared to a limit of, say, 160 km/h?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is the stupid manoeuvres that motorists make, along with a lack of observation or basic car control that cause accidents, not generally speed. People changing lanes without indicating, driving in the middle lane of the motorway without anything in the inside lane. Not knowing which lane to use or when to indicate at a roundabout, how to use a junction etc...

But even worse is how so many people don't seem to know how to drive when the weather is bad. So many people drive in very bad visibility without their fog lights on. They think it is only when there is fog, but this week the rain here has been very bad, combined with very strong winds, and on the motorways the visibility was down to about 2 car lengths so rear fog lights were essential. Some of the drivers didn't even have their normal lights on!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite car is the classic Mini. whats even better is seeing the looks of other car drivers faces when you pass them doing 100mph. wheels were not balanced properly would have gone faster.
    A600 6gig HDD, 3.1 Rom, ClassicWB GAAE, Pcmcia Adapter to cf.
    A1200 80gig HDD, 3.0 Rom ClassicWB Lite.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The classic Mini Cooper S was a great little car. It was the car I wanted before I could drive. Sadly with insurance I ended up with a Metro! hmm.. horrible car that was.

A couple of cars I really like more recently than my last post here have been:

Ferrari California (2010)
    http://www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sp...alifornia.aspx

Maserati Gran Turismo.

Amazing looking cars. I got to look around and sit in both at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed and so wished I were a millionaire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also ended up with metro for me first car, that was a little freaky was very reliable when i passed me test and for ten days after it died and so did dad.
    After seeing those cars did you have to wipe up your Drool after wards
    Many Thanks
    Andrew1971
    A600 6gig HDD, 3.1 Rom, ClassicWB GAAE, Pcmcia Adapter to cf.
    A1200 80gig HDD, 3.0 Rom ClassicWB Lite.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to wipe the drool up all day!.. the number of amazing cars all in one place is amazing. I go nearly every year as it is only 1 mile from home and is such a great event. Have you ever been?

Wasn't intending to go last year but was handed free tickets, courtesy of Peugeot, so couldn't turn that down.