It's my WB! Emulated!

How cool is this - I was getting the Christmas decs out of the loft last weekend when I saw the big cardboard box my towered A1200 is in. So I got it out, plugged the hard drive into my PC, loaded up WinUAE and booted from my old Amiga hard drive! I then loaded up DOpus and copied my entire hard drive over to the PC before taking the hd out and putting the whole lot back in the loft. Now I have my actual A1200 emulated, including all my old set-up, games and all the things I'd been half working on when it all went up into the loft.

It worked right out of the box, the only issue is I get a pop-up telling me to register IDEFix. The emulated one isn't as fast as my '060

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well done! Yes, WinUAE is a very cool program and I don't know about you, but it felt strange to me the first time I ran my A1200 Workbench in it. Like I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Then I went on to improve upon it in WinUAE, then I ended up offering the setups to the world for download!

Now you'll probably do what I did - design a Workbench from the comfort of your PC then transfer it back across to your Amiga.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is great being able to run Workbench like that. I did the same with my A4000 setup, but I transferred it to the PC via Zip Disks a few years ago (before WinUAE could directly support Amiga formatted HDs).

And these days, being able to quickly connect the Amiga HD to a PC and copy the contents also means it is easy to back the lot up and burn it to CD or DVD.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    WinUAE is a very cool program and I don't know about you, but it felt strange to me the first time I ran my A1200 Workbench in it. Like I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing!
    It was a thing of wonder and beauty. Now all I need is to plug in my old Competition Pro CD32 joypads and I'm away! Does anyone make usb adapters?

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    WinUAE is a very cool program and I don't know about you, but it felt strange to me the first time I ran my A1200 Workbench in it. Like I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing!
    It was a thing of wonder and beauty. Now all I need is to plug in my old Competition Pro CD32 joypads and I'm away! Does anyone make usb adapters?

I remember running WinUAE for the first time almost 10 years ago, i was so amazed and excited. I would sit there for hours and hours downloading adf's of my favorite games, .

I used WinUAE, to setup my perfect miggy HD install (bloodwych you rule, ). All KG WHDLOAD games, and custom startup sequence to emulate the CD32. So it boots, displays a CD32 logo, checks CD0: (my modded internal CDROM Drive), if no CD in drive it will continue to boot Classic WB, . I use my real Miggy 1200 almost every day.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    Does anyone make usb adapters?
    Yes I do and it works perfectly.

I got my USB adaptor from RetroZone but I just had a look and they seem to only do premade NES and SNES adaptors now, and you have to buy their Atari to USB kit and built it yourself these days. Still good though if you can use a soldering iron.

Also for an Wii owners they have a Wii section with Snes and nes to Will adators so you can use your original nes and snes controllers with your Wii for virtual control games.

Another adaptor I've used is from AtariAge and can be found here. That also works perfectly with Amiga joysticks but the price seems to have gone up.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!