Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

soccer - Euro cup - England

What happened to England?
    It was a big surprize for me when i saw that England was out...
    Players? Coach? What was the problem?

I see a lot of excellent players in England so... Coach perhaps?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Over paid players who can't be bothered and a coach who's about as usefull as a chocolate CPU. Bring back performance related pay for players and managers in football.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's Football and it's England. Need I say more?

But as I don't follow or really have an interest in the sport I have no idea what went wrong.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that is also due to the english sticking to their very old and obsolete kick'n rush football style. Gameplay in football has changed a lot since 1970, and it's also time for the english national team to switch tactics. If you look in the english league, the only teams that play on top, are those with 80% foreign players who play another kind/style of football.

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Croatia deserved to go through top of the group - they look a useful side, pass well, good on the break, play well as a unit and good defence. Good luck to them in the tournament.

Russia weren't anything special. They lost against Israel and got a 1-0 win over Andorra! That's shocking!

The fact an average Russian side qualified ahead of us is a total embarrassment. Greece are now rated above us in the world standings and we won't be seeded for the World cup qualifiers, so we better improve because it's going to be a tougher group next time out.

What many people are forgetting is that we would have qualified easily if it wasn't for some absolute shocking goal keeper errors! Not only in the last match, but earlier games as well. I'm no fan of Mclaren, but no matter what he did if your keeper at the back is handing the opposition goals then the team is in some serious shit. We used to laugh at Scotland's lack of keepers - now England have none that seem up to the task of wearing the shirt.

Dodgy keepers aside, Mclaren is an easy target and yes he wasn't the right man for the job which didn't help, but the team playing as a "team" is the real issue. These filthy rich players perform week in and week out in their premiership fixtures full of foreigners - they simply don't know how to play with other English players at international level! Shocking but true!

Every time I watch England play, its painful. Talented individuals who look like little boys lost when put together as a team. They never look comfortable with the system we play or each other - this results in a lack of passion between them and a team full of frustrated confused faces.

It's like they're playing in slow motion during some matches and often go to sleep once they score a goal as if to say, "we've done enough here lads, remember what our club managers said - let's not get injured". No one seems to add personality or character to the side and overall the three lions feel more like the three shitsues.
    Last edited by Bloodwych; 25th November 2007 at 18:36.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha, seems like us Aussie boys will be able to woop you then considering most of our international side play together save for Viduka, Kewell and Cahill
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two goals for Cahil today.
    Stuff England, Everton won 7-1 so life's great.

England have made a habit of picking managers who haven't won anything at club level, Erickson being the acception.

Nothing wrong with the players.
    I see them play well in Europe for their clubs.
    A decent manager could do well with the players we have got.

The only real problem is the keeper.
    We definitly are the modern day Scotland where that is concerned.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    Ha, seems like us Aussie boys will be able to woop you then considering most of our international side play together save for Viduka, Kewell and Cahill

Now, now Submeg, let's not get carried away!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just stating facts really
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Submeg. Australia are good at swimming, cricket, tying kangeroos down and a whole lot of other sports. So please give the English, who invented most of the sports you lot are good at, a chance of winning. Apart from Rugby Union where we all ready won.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD