Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb ClassicAmiga.com

I've noticed in a couple of threads the odd mention of attracting more visitors to the site.
    Thinking the rest of us could be a bit more proactive in this area.
    How about putting the site on our email tags and when posting in forums on other sites?
    Also most other sites usually have an off topic or free for all section.
    Maybe posting a bit about the site there to attract more visitors.
    What does everyone think?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer a more personalised approach - if there's a discussion about Amiga i'll suggest the site or if someone asks advice on Amiga I'll point them here rather than using a generic signature.

What would be quite nice though are some banners/flyers type things to help promote the site. Any good photoshoppers on here?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be creating some banners for the site very soon that everyone can use.

This is actually my next phase of development for the site and forum once I have the final bits of the forum completely configures and fully tested. I will be introducing an affiliation section on the site that will include links from affiliated sites and a selection of classicamiga themed banners for people to use on other sites and in their signatures.

And as the next thing I am finishing off this week is the new classicamiga logo and header banners for both the site and forum, the themed affiliation/sig banners will be created at the same time.

I will keep you updated on the progress of this as I set it up and create the graphics.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mentioned it on the amiga.org chat room but I don;t think that many people were interested.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the problem with amiga.org is that most members are into more of the serious side of the Amiga with hardware and software setups being a big area of discussion on their forums. It does make the site a great source of technical information for the Amiga, but not that fun.

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

I notice someone has given the site a mention on amigaweb.net.
    Posted by Stiam Strom.
    Anyone here?

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good find TiredOfLife. I had a look and noticed at once that Classicamiga was mentioned on the front page! I don't know who this guy is, but I think he is a Norwegian.

Also, Classicamiga is currently number one in the sites most read list.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a very cool find indeed. Currently shown as the third site on the Amigaweb frontpage too.

That guy's email address is very familiar, I'm sure I've shared emails with him in the past. I'm going to email him and thank him for featuring the site on Amigaweb.

BTW, has Amigaweb undergone a redesign recently? I hadn't visited that address for a while and it looks completely different. Also their visitor stats are actually a long way behind classicamiga.com's

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you e-mail the guy at Amigaweb? Any news concerning that? Maybe they would like to have a Classicamiga banner on their frontpage or something?

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alexj2002 View Post
    I prefer a more personalised approach - if there's a discussion about Amiga i'll suggest the site or if someone asks advice on Amiga I'll point them here rather than using a generic signature.

What would be quite nice though are some banners/flyers type things to help promote the site. Any good photoshoppers on here?
    I'ts the difference between blanket and precision bombing.
    Both methods work, so I'll try both.

You are right though I suspect.
    I have clicked on links in peoples signatures but am probably more likely to go somewhere that has been recommended.