My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    As you know, mine ran in RAID 5.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello guys,

Harrison, can you give me a link where I can download this?

Would this download also contain all the arcade roms?
    I don't really need them all, there are only a few arcade games I really wish to play again.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the link to PD, scroll down to torrent file section and click [FREE] MAME 0.121 ROMs. Open it in a torrent client, preferably uTorrent, and d/l it. This one is completely for FREE. So you don't need to have a positive ratio to be able to d/l it.

And yes, this one includes every arcade game (6.500+, but not the CHD files). It's 16GB big, and if joining with the 120 set, it begins at 98.6%.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Demon Cleaner,

Thank you.
    I am a little ignorant on this part, what are CHD files?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some arcade machines use a Harddrive to store the games, rather than rom chips, and the CHD files are how MAME stores these games to run via emulation. Most of the games that are CHD based require a lot of CPU power to emulate them and no current PC can run most of them at full speed, so basically unless you really want a complete set of games for MAME it isn't worth download the CHD files at the moment. The MAME project is also working on adding the laserdisc arcade games to the project and will also be using the CHD format to store the ISO images of the original laserdiscs (unlike Daphne which uses MPEG rips from the original discs). So in future the CHD set will be worth getting, but not at the moment.

As DC said, just download the main MAME set from Pleasuredome. You will need to join the site first so you are a member before you can access the torrent, but it is worth it. The only other thing you will need to MAMEUI (new name for MAME32) which you can find at http://mameui.classicgaming.gamespy.com/

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CHD files are the games that came as hard disk or CD/DVD files, not the ROM files. That set is much bigger, around 60GB. You don't really need it, if you're no hardcore collector, as most of these run very slow or are still buggy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dammit, for some reason this site doesn't accept my Hotmail account when it asks for an Email.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many sites won't accept hotmail accounts for member signup because they are commonly used by spambots. The main classicamiga site won't accept hotmail.com email addressed for registration for this reason too.

If you like, I can set you up with a classicamiga.com email address. You can then use that to register? And also for your main email address if you so wished. PM me if you want to do that.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!