Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

And finally I got one

And yes, I already told Mr Harrison, I bought a XBox 360 Elite today, the black one with HDMI and 120GB HDD. I bought it along with Mass Effect and I also bought Phantasy Star Universe in 2nd hand. But I now just saw that Phantasy Star Universe costs 10$ a month, wtf, I already pay 60€ for having XBox Live for 1 year, and then I also have to pay for playing a game I bought, definitely not the way it should work M$.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool to hear,

So how is Mass Effect playing?
    It looks nice but its rather to much cookie-paste Sci-fi for me (Star Trek/Star Wars like governments, Jedi like super heroes, ancient threats) so I won't be getting it new should it ever appear on the PC.

My friend Chris from Guam is a major Phantasy Star Universe, preferring it over most other MMO's because of its non player killer nature.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just installed the 360 and am d/l some demos to test. Didn't play Mass Effect yet. Currently I'm trying to install the Media Center to be able to share my video files from my PC. I gave PSU to Oz to return it to the shop and get me something other instead, as I'm not willing to pay 10$/month to play a game.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blasphemy! Sacrilege!

Congrats with your purchase. Let's hope it doesn't RRoD on you

By the way, how much noise does the Elite produce?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know about the noise, as I have no other to compare and haven't heard one yet. It's a bit noisier than the PS3. But it was switched on for 4 hours straight yesterday, 1 hour of fiddling around, 2 hours of demo d/l, and 1 hour of gaming. I checked the temperature and it was still cold, not any sign of heat.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ha, sucker, it's when it's turned off that it explodes
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    ha, sucker, it's when it's turned off that it explodes
    You're sure? A friend here at work just told me, that his one got now the RSOD for the 2nd time. He send it back, and now gets already his 3rd 360. Don't know if the Elite version has a better cooling system?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure I read that the Elite version using an updated CPU that uses a newer smaller fabrication process so the heat issues are not as bad as the older standard version of the system. But they do still RROD a lot. Recent reports claim that 1/3 of all 360's have so far failed, which isn't good.

BTW, in regard to Phantasy Star Universe. You can play it offline and don't have to pay the monthly fees. It is only when playing the game online that you have to pay. And that has been the case with the PSO games ever since the original PSO on the Dreamcast. Although then only Japan and US had to pay. Those of us in Europe got the online completely free. But with most massively multiplayer online games it is to be expected, as they have to support the running costs of the servers and updates somehow. Although Guildwars manages it without.

PSU is a very nice game though. Although as I mentioned in another thread, it definitely appeals the most to existing fans of the game series, or which I'm one.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, in regard to Phantasy Star Universe. You can play it offline and don't have to pay the monthly fees. It is only when playing the game online that you have to pay.
    I know that, but then I will play it on my PS2, no need to buy the game for 360. But problem is solved, I changed it against Blue Dragon (RPG).

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it me or is there something wrong with the fact that 33% of 360's have died with no real reason as to why. I think that we as consumers should not be accepting consoles with overheating problems or unexplained hardware failures no matter who makes them. Would you buy a brand of computer if you new that you have a 1 in 3 chance that it's going to die on you? How about a car? How about fly on a plane that has a 1 in 3 chance of falling out of the sky? Everyoine started to kick up a fuss when the PS2 started having all it's faults and Sony actually did something to rectify that. M$ just seem to be "Fix it and hope". Wii and PS3 are supposed to be at 1% for failures. Remember avoid all products that have a failure rate above 10%.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD