Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Super Mario Galaxy

I picked up Super Mario Galaxy today for my Wii as it has been gathering dust since I downloaded Warhawk. First impressions are good, not sure if it deserves the glowing 10/10 review on gamecentral this week but I will persevere and give updates (but not spoilers) if anyone is interested.
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You lucky swine!!!!! I want a Wii (yes i'm going to got ot the toilet, Ha Ha) and Mario it looks the Mutts.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Do try Metroid Prime 3 Corruption as well if you have the chance.
    A pretty good game too.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got this yesterday and have played about 2 hours (around 12 stars in) and.......

It's ****ing ace! Big smile on my face. It's got so many nice touches and feels like a very, very solid game. Everything just works, it all makes sense, looks brilliant and the sound is great too (lots of nods to music from the old games). So far there have been a couple of levels that weren't an instant breeze but required just a bit of extra trying, so it may well have a decent level of challenge but without being ridiculous.

I am massively impressed. I never consider a 10/10 mark to be a perfect game (as of course there is no such thing) but more of an indication that if you have a Wii this is one of the absolute must-haves - and I couldn't agree with that more. It really is a joy to play.

However, if you are dead-set that you don't like the mario games, this may not be enough to convince you, other than a few "that was neat" moments.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mario games have always delivered near perfect enjoyment and great gameplay. I've enjoyed them all to date. I will eventually need to buy a Wii so I can play this one.

Many people slagged off the last one, Mario Sunshine, but I had great fun with that too and played it for hours at a time, and it always feels in Mario games that when you don't get something right (like a jump, timing of something etc) that it was your fault and not a limitation of the game, which is great as it makes you keep playing and attempting it until you get it right.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have seen the adverts for the game, looks stunning .. BUT ... the giant toads tool made me feel a bit 'uncomfortable'
    This is not a signature

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw the advert for this. Sounds good.

You might be amazed to hear this, but this Wii console sounds quite interesting. I might get one next year if I can afford it (although a PPC is still higher on the list).

I have liked the Super Mario games that I have played. I managed to get quite far in Super Mario Land on the GameBoy recently. I have played Super Mario on an NES as well, but that was a very long time ago and I still havn't got an NES.

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Steve, being a fan of all things retro I recon you would love a Wii (he he). reliving old nes and megadrive games is fantastic. And so is Super Mario Galaxy on that point. I played it a bit longer and it is really enjoyable, plus my daughter loves it and i dont feel guilty about playing it in front of her unlike Resistance or Warhawk which is basically you just killing / being killed the whole time you play. Ill save those for after her bedtime!
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Super Mario Land on the GameBoy
    An excellent game, and really quite hard too. Beating this game was really quite something for me. Do check out Mario land 2 (Six Golden coins) which has some great levels. Mario land 3 (Warioland) is even more fun still - a rare game I 100%d, and without a guide.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I already have Mario land 2 and Warioland and have had them for quite a long time. Both good games.