Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm about 35 stars into this now (if it's like SM64, and I've read it is, it'll take around 60 to get to the final boss, and 120 ish for full completion).

I have to say that it is an absolute joy to play, it really is. It has been pretty straightforward so far, it's not mega easy-peasy but it can be rushed through if that's what you want - i hope there are some levels that are more challenging later on, and I'm sure there will be - there have been a coupld of slightly devious bits so far, but rewardingly so - in the way that (as Harrison mentioned) you can see what you have to do but just mess it up a bit, but get that bit further each time.

If you are scared of your inner child-like sense of joy and fun (as Demon Cleaner seems to be), this game is probably too bright and jolly for you - but that's part of why I'm enjoying it so much. Big smile, but I just hope it isn't all over too quickly, and I hope it gets more challenging.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are scared of your inner child-like sense of joy and fun (as Demon Cleaner seems to be), this game is probably too bright and jolly for you - but that's part of why I'm enjoying it so much. Big smile, but I just hope it isn't all over too quickly, and I hope it gets more challenging.
    I won't surely play it if I want something childish, bright and jolly, I'll play some of the great MAME games.

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im a bit further in now (but after a week away im probably miles behind JT) and it is utterly fantastic. It seems to capture the puzzle elements of the earlier 2d Marios brilliantly - by puzzle I mean platforms and traps that are themselves a challenge. If you have a Wii and like platform games then you can do a lot worse than picking this up.
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got up to 60 stars yesterday, so enough to fight the final boss (which I have, and beat him). So I'm halfway through. The last level before bowser was nicely challenging and had a couple of really neat ideas.

I really can't praise this game enough, it's one of the very best games I've played. In fact, it quite possibly is the best. For Wii owners I'd say it's a must-have.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn! Now I have to get a Wii! I've always been a big fan of Mario and "need" this latest game. Although I never fully completed Sunshine so I may play that again to satisfy my Mario gaming until I do get one. Might look in the January sales.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I played it for a bit on my bro's Wii, and from what I've seen, it's a lot of fun and really innovative. Great to see another creative effort from Nintendo.

I'm likely picking up a Wii in January too. If anything, creating Mii's of all your family and friends is hilarious fun in itself.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I have just finished Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for the third time, and while it is a fun game I am now a little tired of Metroids games and I would to experience something new.

Unfortunate my PC can't run the latest games so that will have to wait for a while before I get a new game for the new PC which I hope to buy next year around summer.

That leaves me with my Wii.
    Would this be an interesting game for me to play?

To be honest, I am not really a Mario fan. I used to play the Sonic games more until that gameplay went downhill and the games were filled with melodrama.
    But I also don't want to be left bored for the Christmas days.

My aunt once told me, when in doubt never buy but seeing as there is little else on the moment that interests me and I have already spend enough on presents for others I would like to have something for myself.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it is possibly the best game on the Wii to date, so you wouldn't be disappointed if you do buy it. Personally I've always found the Mario games great fun as they contain such a diverse amount to do, with all of the levels offering something new.

BTW, building your new PC next summer will be a great time to get a new one as the next CPUs and GPUs are about to be released, so come next summer they will be affordable. Let me know close to when you are ready to buy your new PC and I will do you a rough hardware list.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Well I am more and more considering of getting this game, on the moment I am a little depressed about most releases as I either don't find them that exciting or I simply can't run them.
    I ignored Super Mario Galaxy when it was released as it looked a little too childish to me, a little to much of the Nintendo friendliness.
    But that doesn't beat the fact that it is a good platformer.

BTW, do you ever notice when I have been abscent for a while?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Being childish is a stigma Nintendo have always had to try and combat since their first games. Personally I've never seen them as childish, but more like some of the greatest cartoons. Great fun and enjoyable.

No one creates gameplay on a level with most of Nintendo's own games.