Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I played the Amiga version of Smash TV after playing the excellent SNES version, so it made the Amiga version feel worse than it probably would to anyone playing it as their first experience of the game.

Total Carnage was OK, if very generic. As I mentioned before I played the coverdisk demos of it while it was in development and quite enjoyed it, but the controls were not very precise and made the game harder for it.

For me one of the greatest two player Amiga shooters of this type has to be Ikari Warriors. I used to play that a lot in two player mode and it was great fun. I first played the CPC version which was great for an 8-bit conversion, and then I got hold of the ST version. But the Amiga version was definitely the best, with the same improved visuals of the ST version, but with improved sound effects.

The original Ikari Warriors arcade machine also had rotational joysticks which was great!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to love Ikari Warriors for the C64. Never played SmashTV or Total Carnage. For best multiplayer on the Amiga see Worms: The Directors Cut. The only way to improve the game is to add beer into the players.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also played Smash TV on the C64, and also enjoyed it very much. But like Harrison I also prefer Ikari Warriors, and the first time I played it was also on a CPC.