Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rare Amiga games

Sadly these days most Amiga games are not worth much. It is common for most games to be found on ebay selling individually for £0.99 or as big lots of 20+ games for under £10. But there are rare exceptions that do still attract collectors and command much higher prices.

At the moment a mint condition boxed copy of Moonstone is selling, and has so far reached £66 which is very high for an Amiga game, original and mint or not.

Are there any other Amiga games you have seen sell for a high price? Or do you know of any Amiga games that are now rare and as sort after?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought
    Elite Frontier for 10 pounds (i think)
    SpeedBall I for 7 pounds

They are in excelent condition with maps/posters ...etc...

But nothing like those 66.... that is to much
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    £66 is a lot of money for Moonstone, but I can't say I'm highly surprised. It is a *real* collectors item and very, very hard to get hold of. Would of course like a copy myself, but it's not often one sees it available. Maybe luck smiles sometime in the future at a market with second-hand stuff. Have seen some Amiga and C64 stuff at such markets, so it's possible to make some bargains.

By the way.. I've noticed that Amiga games doesn't go for much in the US or the UK. I think things are different here in Norway. As there aren't many Amiga items for sale, the prices tend to get a bit higher.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I vaguely remember getting rid of my copy of Moonstone... some lucky charity shop, as far as I remember (along with my A500)...

To clarify that situation... D'OH!!!!! I is a plonker!
    This is not a signature

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well regarding rare titles, I still haven't seen First Samurai on Ebay for sale, only the Super Nintendo version.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Moonstone regulary goes for similar prices.
    Never having played it, couldn't say why.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to give it a try TiredOfLife, it is a brilliant game. Right up there as one of the best games the Amiga saw.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny thing is, I don't remember magazines rating Moonstone that high at all. Most scores I've seen were in the average range. A prime example of how different opinion can be between critics and the general public.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with magazine reviews is that they get to see every game being released on a platform, so have the ability to compare each new game with every other released, which can often lead to some being over critical.

But with regard to Moonstone, I remember the reason was because the game contained a lot of bugs that made it unstable, and the first version released couldn't actually be completed because the game would crash when you tried to reach the centre of the map for the final part.

But saying that, I often see a similar thing on site's like GameSpot who give the press scores and the readers (general public) scores, and often the reader scores are higher. I think if you are a reader and are prepared to rate a game then it will generally be because you either really like it, or think it is complete crap. In comparison the press will rate a game because it is their job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also be very interested in seeing a list of the rarer Amiga games, as there is a shop just round the corner from my parents that sell a wide range of old Amiga and ST and even some 8-bit stuff.

I should have a browse for all the Amiga stuff and make a really skanky offer for them, then work out whether there are any rare games amongst them...

But I can't afford it...

So if anyone could furnish me with a list of the rare Amiga games, and especially if people are looking for a specific game I can have a nose through their games and see what gems they may have.
    This is not a signature