Thread: Fire Force

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Force

Hello all,

When I just started to play with the Amiga emulator this was one of the first games I tried, I remembered it from an old Amiga magazine of years ago, and as I enjoyed it I also got myself the boxed version and recently the Amiga CD32 version.

Which of you have played this somewhat rough gem?
    In general the Amiga games at the times received it well though it received some criticism for its somewhat basic graphics, gameplay, and at the time controversial gameplay (you could sneak up on character and slit their throats, nothing that new these days)

I don't mind the graphics but I have to agree that the gameplay was troubling sometimes such as throwing grenades or being on time at the end point in order to be picked up but in general I like this game a lot and feel that it is a classic Amiga game.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fire Force was a great game, and one of the first to introduce sneak and attack tactics (The MSX version of Metal Gear was the actual first). The controls and gameplay definitely took some practice to get right, once once you had it was great fun.

Sadly it is one of the few games that I never found a way to run on an A1200. Even with the Relokick 1.3 disk or any other downgrader method I tried.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep i loved this games. Just great fun! My favourite when shooting a machine gun nest with a rocket launcher and then waiting a few seconds and the body would come falling down. Always made me laugh

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_sti View Post
    Yep i loved this games. Just great fun! My favourite when shooting a machine gun nest with a rocket launcher and then waiting a few seconds and the body would come falling down. Always made me laugh
    Really need to fire the Emulator again so I can also have a lookey at that scene.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fire Force, huh? Yeah, I remember that one. Great game.

I had the weird tendency to boot up the game, and just stand there emptying gun clips into the air just because the guns made such satisfying sounds. Do I need help, or what?