Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And they say games have no practical application in real life!

Drivers definitely seem to be getting worse in the UK recently. So many have no idea how to use roundabouts it is mad, pulling out right across the front of you as you are going around them, indicating for an exit. So many accidents I see are due to this.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is bull, ppl act like idiots at roundabouts....why not wait a bit, save everyone some hassle ey?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem of bad driving is due to making the cars safer and safer. If you were in a car where you would die if you hit a fly you would drive carefully. Where as if you gave someone an SUV which would survive a nuclear holocaust you don't give a toss about the other drivers on the road as "I'm alright Jack".
    I say make cars safer for pedestrians and sod the drivers. Myself included.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If a pedestrian is silly enough to be stood in front of my car then that is their own fault!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided I will have a go at driving and I have sent off an application. The post ofice wanted £3.95 for me to get a postal order to pay for the license and special delivery is about £4.50. I think we need a new Royal Mail topic.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Companies do have their own overheads Steve! Post Offices are mostly independently owned franchises that run the Post Office Counter services. They therefore have to pay costs to Royal Mail for everything they do.

Just be glad you didn't need a bankers draft from your bank to buy a car! Then you would be moaning about the £10 they all charge for that service.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My driving license arrived today. Anyone fancy being run over by a car?

Have you heard that they have been thinking of increasing the driving age to 21? I think that is a bit silly, as then you will have lots of 21 year olds who are inexperienced with dirivng. I think if they want to reduce the amount of accidents and bad driving, they should make people have more lessons in different environments like rain and on motorways. That way, people will get more experience and practise while being supervised by someone who can tell them if they are doing something wrong.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought it was limiting the amount of passengers for drivers under the age of 21. At the end of the day until they can get rid of all idiots on the road (which is everyone except me) people will die on them no matter what age. The government would be far better trying to enforce driving bans and making sure that all the cars on the road have valid MOT's and insurance.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always thought it was pretty ridiculous that the day I passed my test, I could straight away drive on a motorway at night on my own having driven in neither condition before. What you learn during driving lessons is often an 'ideal' way of driving as opposed to the real-world way, but even being given an idea of how three-lane traffic works or some advice on how to deal with driving at night, with someone beside them to explain as things come up would perhaps benefit a lot of novice drivers.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do (or did) that in the 'pass plus' thing. I did that in the hope of getting cheaper insurance. It didn't really work, but was still quite beneficial to me.

I think it's the extra cost that makes people less inclined to do it.