Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone here with experience of SCUMMVM

Hello all,

Are there any people on this board who have experience with SCUMMVM?

I am trying to install my old Lucasarts adventure games and I have been running into a problem when it was "The Secret of Monkey Island"'s turn. (I am using the White label CD version)
    I have been visiting the SCUMMV and apparently more people ran into this problem, the problem apparently lies with the fact that thegame music are audio tracks, and the only way to convert them is to rip them to MP3 files, then insert them in the game.

They might as well speak Chinese as I have no idea how to rip the tracks, even after I found them.
    Can anyone of you help me.

Much appreciated.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just rip them from the CD as you would for a normal music CD. I recommend the free program CDex, which you can download from http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/?q=download

Just load up the program, then put the MI CD in your CD drive and convert the tracks on the CD into MP3s. Then you can use them in SCUMM. If you want good quality files I recommend you go into the settings and change the compression from the 128Kbps standard up to at least 196Kbps or higher. Use 320Kbps for the best quality, although the files will be bigger.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Damn this is confusing.

I have been doing as you said but I think I must have made a mistake as the files are Wave instead.
    I have been going through that menu on the program but it doesn't mention anywhere how to convert to MP3.

Guess I will have to read the manual tomorrow.
    It is late here now.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First go to the Options menu and select Settings. Now go to the Encoder tab and change the Bitrate Min to 192 kbps or higher to get decent quality results.

Then you want to select the tracks listed on the CD that you wish to rip to mp3, and finally click on the second icon down the right hand side of the program screen, called "Extract CD track(s) to compressed audio file(s)". And that should start the process.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a version of SCUMMVM working for DS, but the audio had to be ripped to a very specific format (and bitrate/sample rate) and be named properly to work.

Well worth persevering with though, so keep at it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all,

Well I succeeded to encode the music tracks to MP3 but now apparently I have to compile SCUMMVM with something called MAD in order for the music to be run by the program.

I am sick of it, I just wanted to run Monkey Island 1 again for nostalgia's sake, not this entire mess.
    I'll run it under Dosbox when I am in the mood again.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is much easier to just download the SCUMMVM torrent from Pleasuredome. Then you have all the games the emulator supports and they all work perfectly without needed to do anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Then I am going to look into that.
    I own most games legal but I find it annoying it is so difficult to make them run again.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The other option, as you own the originals, is to use a virtual machine. Innotek VirtualBox is completely free and runs Windows 98 perfectly which is ideal for running old DOS and WIn 9x games.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do PD delete inactive accounts? I havent used mine for a few months and cant seem to log in!

Tried requesting password, but none of my emails work!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]