Threaded View

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

That rare obscure game that was never released

Hello all,

Perhaps once in a while going through a game or a magazine you suddenly recall the memory of a game that was in development years ago that caught your interest.
    It wasn't perhaps a good game but you definitely wanted to have a look at it or read a review about it.

But the it disappeared into development hell or the company went bust before it was finished.
    And sometimes you even forgot its name

Once in a while I had this with an old game I read in a Amiga magazine years ago, it was a sort of Gauntlet/Alien Breed style overhead shooter and though it wasn't that incredible looking I was still curious about it.

With the online Amiga magazines I recently discovered I have finally managed to find the name of this game; it was called Malfunction and it was developed by Digital Illusions, known for their pinball games at the time and later of course the Battlefield games.

On the scan I read it was going to more than just a shooter, it would also have had adventure elements, making it more involving.

Its sad that it never got finished for some reason.

Do any of you have similar experiences?

Edit:

This was a similar case, but for the PC

http://www.thecomputershow.com/compu...s/creation.htm
    Last edited by Ghost; 16th October 2007 at 03:16. Reason: Additional, mistake
    Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.

He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)