Poll: What's your favorite joystick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    behold and bow before the one true god!

If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zipstick for me, I've got two of them and they're very comfortable and durable. I used to love the Bug but they do tend to break easily.
    I've lost my smile again...

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's gotta be Pink and green Cruiser, what Class
    :coffee: 9 hours and still rendering.....
    [IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/scottspikey/A2000mini.jpg[/IMG]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
    behold and bow before the one true god!

I've still got a few of those Atari joysticks with my VCS2600. OK at the time, but far from very accurate in my view. Quite strong little sticks though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Harrison

I have to admit,

those sticks do require talent and skill to make it happen, it may be easier on a micro-switched stick, but.... well theres just something off-putting with all the clicking and creaking...

Dont get me wrong though... the next favourite for me would of been the Quick Shot 2 Turbo (red with the black hand grips LOL) awesome sticks but lasted a mere 4 months between my brothers and I abuse!

the Atari stick on the other hand.... i still have one from 1982/3 and it still works to this day!

and if i am having a game of sensi soccer, this is the joystick i use...
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They do seem to last forever. One of my Atari sticks was even chewed by my Jack Russell back in the day, but it still works even now!

I have to say (Zetro & Harrison) i never really played the Atari joystick that much as i never had an atari console and i certainly wouldn't use one on another machine as Zetro has pointed out the Atari wasn't microswitched like all the BEST sticks from later years!

Sure i've done my stint with leaf switch sticks such as the Cheetah / Quickshot etc i've also tried most of the variations of micro/skeleton switch joysticks such as cheetah 125+/mach 5 etc (memory going a bit here but sure the cheetah and quickshot pro turbo both had skeleton micro switches etc and wheren't to strong or reliable for it!)

I did play on atari joysticks in the beginning just i never owned the console and by the time speccy's / c64's where out was more choice in the joystick market. The comp pro was my fave speccy joystick ever as it was out before the zipstick or before i got one at any rate!

Whatever your preference joysticks was the golden age of gaming non of this 20 buttons shit just pure action in 2 buttons (for lefties or righties!)

when games where PROPER games.

two of the rarer sticks i have now the Cruiser Black (I had the pink handle yellow buttons and green case version originally) and also the arcade stick where two faves i tripped over in an old second hand shop
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just loving my X-Arcade Tankstick with the Trackball. Unfortunately, it's not on the list for the Poll. So I voted for X-Arcade Pro.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I'm just loving my X-Arcade Tankstick with the Trackball. Unfortunately, it's not on the list for the Poll. So I voted for X-Arcade Pro.
    I think you misunderstand, the joystick is called Arcade Pro, and not the X-Arcade controller is meant.

I also use an X-Arcade dual controller, but mainly for MAME, I use a Competition Pro USB for Amiga emulation.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hadn't seen the X-Arcade Tankstick before. Just the standard X-Arcade Dual (which I own), Solo and Arcade Trackball versions.

It's good that they finally created a combined one as this makes a more affordable alternative to the SlikStik control boards.