Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, online is generally region-locked, though there are games that allow you to manually connect to a different region (Motorstorm Pacific Rift is one such game). Wouldn't want to play with spotty-faced Americans, anyway

As for high definition standards, there's no longer the whole PAL vs. NTSC issue anymore, if that's what you mean. Just the two standard HD resolutions: 720p and 1080p (and 1080i, if you choose to include that).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure there is something different about the US vs European HD resolution standards though. In a video authoring conference I attended a while ago they mentioned something, and I think it might have been related to framerates, with US HD maybe running at a different framerate to EU HD. I will have to look though the HD standards specs and have a look.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I'm sure there is something different about the US vs European HD resolution standards though. In a video authoring conference I attended a while ago they mentioned something, and I think it might have been related to framerates, with US HD maybe running at a different framerate to EU HD. I will have to look though the HD standards specs and have a look.
    Broadcast HD does indeed run slightly different framerates in US/UK. It's 25Hz 1080i or 50Hz 720p in the UK and 30Hz 1080i, 60Hz 720p in US. It's a carry over from the old days, but I'm not 100% sure why, the frequency of the mains supply shouldn't be a factor in framerate on LCD/Plasma TVs any more.

A lot of HD sets will work fine with both systems as the sets will be sold in both markets (and I believe it is also a requirement of TV's displaying the 'HD Ready logo')

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    European PSN store updated. Demos of Age of Booty, Dead Space and GTI Club. Age of Booty looks like a fun game.

Also, a free turkey head costume for LittleBigPlanet and a Chimera costume for 2 bucks. Although I think the price for the paid costumes is a bit steep, Media Molecule is nice for bringing out weekly freebies as well. I'm actually waiting for some more significant DLC, such as additional music, building materials with certain themes (how about a Resistance-themed pack?), other backgrounds etc.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan View Post
    Also, a free turkey head costume for LittleBigPlanet and a Chimera costume for 2 bucks. Although I think the price for the paid costumes is a bit steep, Media Molecule is nice for bringing out weekly freebies as well. I'm actually waiting for some more significant DLC, such as additional music, building materials with certain themes (how about a Resistance-themed pack?), other backgrounds etc.
    I'd prefer them to sort out the online play - it lags so badly that anything where f.e. you need to perform several jumps in a row without stopping becomes almost impossible. It spoils what should be one of the best aspects of the game.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I haven't played LBP much online because of the server issues. Still having a blast with the single-player mode, though, and planning to dive into the level editor sometime soon.

On another note, Resistance 2 is a winner, in all respects. Superior to Resistance FOM in every way. The first level alone is going to drop some jaws, guaranteed.

Let's try the online co-op mode sometime; apparently, it's a lot of fun.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully I will get my copy soon, I just finished Fall of Man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to mention Syndicate Wars is available as a full download for just under £4.
    This is not a signature

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heh ... the online cooperative game in Resistance 2 is hilarious. I've been spending more time on it than the single-player campaign. Addictive, too.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Submeg

I notice every time I start my PS3, that you've not been online for over 130 days now, do you still use your PS3?? If not online, offline perhaps??